Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have noticed a rattle in the back of the car, it seems to be on the d/s. i haven't looked into it yet but i wonder if it may be a sway bar dog bone link?
i did push on the corners but i can't puh it hard enough to get that noise. all i get is bending fenders, and no bumper to push on, so i ask here just in case.

i can put the car on the lift and nose around but maybe someone here can help me dial it in a bit faster. thanks bp

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
631 Posts
The problem with being on a lift or jacked off the ground is that the suspension will be hanging, fully extended and at the downstops. You may not get the loose or worn component to exhibit noise. It may be under enough tension not to move for you.

Straddling a curb or with the rear wheels sitting up on ramps will allow you to slide under the car with the suspension at a somewhat normal attitude. You can grab bars and arms and wiggle them to detect movement/noise. Chock the front wheels, set the parking brake and have the car on a firm, level surface for safety.

I did replace both rear sway links in my 2016 as the right rear was beginning to rattle over bumps, especially with the rear seat-back down. The left and right links were both different part numbers. A mirror-image of each-other.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i figure it would be under some tension so that was why i asked. i went to rock auto and looked at the rear dog bones and i see for the most part they do not have grease fittings. mine do not or they would be getting grease. i lift the cars every fall and grease what has zirts. so i will get some rear dog bones and get them with zirts so i can grease them. not hard to change out, it is a shame they do not have zirts in them when new? i guess every penny they can save. thanks bp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts