Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a beautiful 2012 Chrysler 200 Touring.

I have been hearing this weird rattling noise in the left front of my car lately when driving 40-55 MPH.
When we rotated my tires, I checked to see if the heat shield was loose; it wasn't.
AND when I pulled my car in my garage last night, I heard it. I was probably only driving 2 mph at 500 RPM.

It sounds like metal but my best description this far is a "paper in the wind" sound.

I work at a dealership and no one seems to be able to have a clue thus far.
Ideas?
:)

Also my vents have been noticeably louder when my car shuts off (when I sit in my car for awhile after shutting it off)

·
Registered
874 Posts
I have a beautiful 2012 Chrysler 200 Touring.

I have been hearing this weird rattling noise in the left front of my car lately when driving 40-55 MPH.
When we rotated my tires, I checked to see if the heat shield was loose; it wasn't.
AND when I pulled my car in my garage last night, I heard it. I was probably only driving 2 mph at 500 RPM.

It sounds like metal but my best description this far is a "paper in the wind" sound.

I work at a dealership and no one seems to be able to have a clue thus far.
Ideas?
:)

Also my vents have been noticeably louder when my car shuts off (when I sit in my car for awhile after shutting it off)
I had that rattling issue on my 2011 touring with 90k miles; It was the strut mounts. The struts were also leaking which needed replacing. I noticed the sound when going over any smaller bump that would generate the rattle if that makes sense to you.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Before I had my defectuve strut replaced it sounded like a box of sheet metal was in the trunk every time I went over the slightest bump. It turned out to be the front strut, but the sound was coming from everywhere

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Abbyjo234
Chrysler 200 Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Chrysler 200 owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing