Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken my 2015 Chrysler 200 to two Chrysler dealerships. One dealer I took it to was 3 separate visits. They had my car for a week and a half and misdiagnosed it. Replaced a right CV Axle shaft and it did not correct the issue. They stated they took the entire front end apart checked everything. They released my car to me not fixed. Now its at another Chrysler dealer and they are still trying to locate the noise. All mechanics hear the noise they just don't know where it's coming from. One of the service managers did confirm it is from the engine. Being it happens when RPM switch. This is so fustrating. These people seem to know nothing. My Warranty is running out. Anyone know what is could be or have had this issue.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,069 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I have used a Chassis Ear to find unknown noises. It has about 6 clip-on microphones that you would attach to suspected components. Keep the wires away from spinning or moving parts.
Then on a test drive, you can switch between the microphones to find the loudest or clearest reproduction of the noise.
It comes with headphones, but sometimes you can get a better feel for the noise source by playing it through the car audio system.
Always diagnose first. Keep all your receipts about this.

Reactions: fltru103
1 - 2 of 2 Posts