Chrysler 200 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you guys, I really appreciate all the input. After watching the video, I cannot absolutely recall if I pressed the pads all the way in until the tabs seated inside the caliper or not. I realize the 3rd pic showed that the pad was low in the caliper, but I am not sure if that was my doing or if it moved as a result of whatever this issue is.

Of course now I am sitting at work and can't look at it. I'll pull the wheels when I get home and report back.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Turns out that I did not have the nubs on the pads pressed firmly enough into the corresponding holes in the calipers. The holes had quite a bit of corrosion and dirt packed in them which was preventing the nubs from going all the way in. I cleaned them out real well with a small wire wheel on my Dremel and still needed to use a pair of channel-locks to press the pads firmly in place. I took it for a 10-mile spirited test run with plenty of hard braking and everything seems to be staying where it belongs.

Thank you all so much for your input on this. I truly appreciate it.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Thanks Frank for reporting back. This type of post helps other people to know what to look for when it comes their time to replace their brakes. Happy everything worked out in the end.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts