Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a follow up to the lockpick installation thread.
http://www.200forums.com/forum/9-chrysler-200-general-discussion-forum/1002-lockpick-installation-w-pics.html
First you will need to remove the decklid insulation pad. I believe there are 10 push pin xmas tree clips holding this on. I used a cheap trim tool set from Harbor Freight to remove these.

Once this is removed, you will need to remove the chrome trim piece that goes across the vehicle on the decklid. (This is where the license lamps are.) There are eight clips across this piece. There are three at the outboard ends of the piece and then two in the middle between the license lamps. All of them need to be squeezed together from the backside in order to remove this. Note: when looking at the backside of the decklid, you will see two white square shaped clips, do not remove these. These are for the screws that hold this piece on. The assembly line operator was kind enough to never install these on my vehicle so I didn’t have to remove these first). Then you will need to disconnect the lamp connection and remove the grommet where this wire passes through. The piece can now be fully removed from the vehicle
Three clips at each end.

Two clips in the middle

Fully Detached

Outboard Decklid Holes for Exterior Trim to Attach to

Center Decklid Holes

I placed my camera between the two license lamps. For my camera, I had to drill a hole to pass the wire and bolt through to secure it to the part. Then you will need to poke a hole through the grommet to pass the wire inside of the decklid. Make sure this a smaller hole than the wire so the grommet will still seal. In the pic above, you can see the camera mounted to the exterior trim piece. You can now reinstall this piece back to the vehicle, first pass the wires through the opening, then reinstall grommet and reconnect lamp connector. Now you will need to tape the backup camera wire along the main decklid harness. When you get to the sleeving that hangs down in the trunk (Excellent design BTW, NOT) you can open up the sleeving and place the wire inside. Now your wire will be at the top of the inside of the trunk. You can route the wire behind the padding along the driver side of the vehicle and down to the bottom of the opening in the rear seat.
Decklid wiring

You can now reattach the decklid installation pad. I used new clips for this since I had them. They should be a standard 6.6mm xmas tree push pin. Laydown the rear seat and you will be able to continue routing the wire to the front of the vehicle. Tuck the wire under the trim piece near the side of the rear seat. Then I removed the rear scuff trim. This piece has two clips that hold it to the body. You should be able to pull this up by hand.
Routing along rear scuff trim

Continue routing the wire forward, tucking it under the B-Pillar trim (piece between front and rear seat). When you get to the front seat, remove the front scuff trim. This is held on by three clips that hold it to the body. You can pull this up by hand as well.
Clips on front scuff trim (Back looks the same)

Routing along front scuff trim

Now the wire is at the footwell area, continue tucking it under the trim in this area. I then routed my wire vertically to follow the main body harness wiring and then inboard towards the radio. I then connected the yellow video input to the lockpick and the power and ground wire to the lockpick wires. Reattach the scuff trim pieces and you are done.
Pic of the rear camera in action.

Rear Camera Mounted

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a taotronics e366 I think. It was pretty cheap off of ebay. It's color and has the built in lines. I have an HD one but it was for the license plate and I didn't really like it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes, there is something directly in the middle on the backside of the trim piece. I can't remember if there are support walls or something, but unfortunately you have to mount it a little left or right of center.

Edit:See third pic down I think, that is where they have the clips that go into the sheetmetal and why you can't mount it directly in the center.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Do you know if a lockpick can be installed on a 2012 model without NAV? I have the 20 Gb hard drive with voice commands but no NAV.
Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It depends on what type of radio you have. If it looks like the one I have a pic of above, then yes and it should be the same installation procedure. The only thing it will do then is give you the ability to view DVD while in drive and add a rear camera. It also gives you av in and out. From what I can tell, the lockpick is a lot cheaper than the NAVTV. You can get one on ebay from a dealer for $185. If you go with NAVTV, you have to buy their module which is $289 then buy the a/v cable for the camera which is $64.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I finally received my Multimedia Harness, and I have a question for you, you say you connected your power and ground wires to the lock pick unit, did you get additional wire to run along side your camera "video" wire? I ordered the same camera you mentioned you had, however there seems to be two power wires and one ground wire. There is one power and ground that is only about 5-6 feet long that comes out of the camera separately than the video cable, there there is an additional red power wire that is attached to the video wire and that splices off at the male end of the wire. Can you please tell me how you wired this? Thanks!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
One more question for you. Did you loose the ability to use voice commands to change radio stations, or voice phone functions? I have the 430 Radio with out navagation.

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
One more question for you. Did you loose the ability to use voice commands to change radio stations, or voice phone functions? I have the 430 Radio with out navagation.

Thanks
I finished my installation tonight. I just bought more wire and extended the positive and negative wires to the MYGIG harness. Burly Bob, I have the 430 without navigation and I did not lose the voice command features. Everything else including voice commands and Uconnect work just as they did before. I am in LOVE with the setup I have in my car now. The ability to plug my phone in and watch Netflix while on the road will be awesome for the wife!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
:cool: Thank you for posting! I feel more confident tackling this now on my own 200. Can't wait to get the rear camera and allow my passenger to watch DVD in motion while on a long trip (or myself if I'm feeling nice enough to let my husband take over driving). I am hoping it also unlocks the navigational part too...

·
Registered
37 Posts
:cool: Thank you for posting! I feel more confident tackling this now on my own 200. Can't wait to get the rear camera and allow my passenger to watch DVD in motion while on a long trip (or myself if I'm feeling nice enough to let my husband take over driving). I am hoping it also unlocks the navigational part too...
It does indeed unlock the Nav!! Like I said before, this is probably the best "mod" I could think of doing. Allows a lot of things others don't have the option for.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry, haven't been on in a few days and I see you finished the installation. I did the same, just extended the pwr and grd wires with extra wire to get up to the Lockpick unit. That way I didn't tap into the vehicle wiring. This Lockpick is the best mod and with backup camera, it's even better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
do you think installing rearview camera or lockpick would effect the warranty??
Worst case scenario is if you have to take it in for factory work, uninstall the Lockpick. Every dealer is going to be different though and it depends on your relationship with that dealer that will determine how likely they are to look past something like this. Hopefully someone more versed in Chrysler's warranty policies will chime in and add more insight.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is why i didn't splice into the wiring in the back for the rear camera. That way if I need to take it in, I can just unplug everything.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It does indeed unlock the Nav!! Like I said before, this is probably the best "mod" I could think of doing. Allows a lot of things others don't have the option for.
How does this "unlock" the NAV? I have the 430 w/o NAV(the RBZ) and thought it was part of the radio/unit. Or am I totally misunderstanding this?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts