Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm not sure this is the right spot to ask this, and of course i've left this too late. i need to fix my wifes rear defroster on her 2012 chrysler 200 limited (really wanted to get her into a newer 200 this summer, but summer came and went). it stopped working late last winter and i never got around to it. and well, not its snowing and cold, of course. Any suggestions on where to begin. I remember quickly flipping through the owners manual looking for the fuse or breaker, but was never quite certain which on it was. I have a probe light and know how to use it...honest :)

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,865 Posts
Does the yellow LED come on but the button doesn't 'click' or does it light, but the glass doesn't heat?
Does the car have heated side mirrors? There is a fuse for the mirrors.
The TIPM & HVAC modules can store fault codes. You may need more than an OBD2 engine code reader to access them they are Body codes.

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Diagram

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Font Rectangle Circle Number Document

Font Screenshot Parallel Terrestrial plant Document

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, thats decent information. can i assume something like that is in the TSM of the car, i used to buy hard copies of the TSM's of every car i bought. For some reason i didn't do it with the fleet of 200's here (wife's, mom's, daughters, sisters). the light comes on, the heated mirrors defrost but the rear window doesn't. I have a Bluedriver ODB reader, i know its not grabbing everything, just major stuff. I will have it read at a shop soon. (after i read and understand what you sent) thank you very much
rr

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,865 Posts
Service information can pay for itself if you DIY.
Chrysler went digital with the service manuals around 2005. No more paper books.
Tech Authority is the authorized distributor for Chrysler service literature. Used discs show up on ebay, etc from time to time. The JS-body is the Sebring/200/Avenger from 2007-2014. The 2011-2014 had a lot in common.
Reading the disc may require Internet Explorer.
Data storage device Font Circle Dvd Screenshot

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for getting back to me. I still run IE on all my computers. I'll watch for a cd on ebay. Thank you for all your help (my new ODB scanner came in this weekend, recommended by a dodge mechanic friend of mine. now if the snow would quit :) )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts