Chrysler 200 Forum banner

Rear spoiler installed

52K views 80 replies 31 participants last post by  mumran 
#1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Executive car

New spoiler from Carid. Easy install, perfect paint match.
Really adds to the car in my opinion.

See less See more
#9 ·
That's nice on the S. You go VIVIDAWDGIRL.:cool:

Like your plate too.:)

Reactions: VIVIDAWDGIRL
#11 ·
Lol, just wait.... I ordered the LED backlit Chrysler wing badges in Blue (the one for the trunk is dual intensity and will function as a brake light as well) and LED wheel well rings in blue from Oracle.

Should be going on this week, I'll take some night shots after the install..... super excited!!!

#13 ·
Where did you get the backlit wings from? And the spoiler looks great!

#14 ·
I ordered the wings from autoanything, they were about $50-$70 cheaper then from the AAC site (through the Oracle web site). You have to order the Gen II wing and they have multiple types of LED backlight for them. Same for the wheel well rings.

Thanks, I love the spoiler..... gives it a more aggressive look.

#17 ·
VIVIDAWDGIRL,
Thanks for buying your spoiler! I bought the little lip spoiler from CARid because their pictures leave a lot to be desired and I didn't order the one like yours because I was afraid that it would be too big for my taste. After seeing your pics, sizewise it is a little big, BUT it's design more than makes up for it! I have to admit it is really sharp!!! How does it attach? Also, can you post a link to the Chrysler backlit wings and the LED wheelwell rings? I'd love to see them...

#18 ·
Emblems:
http://www.autoanything.com/lights/oracle-universal-illuminated-emblems

Wheelwell rings:
http://www.autoanything.com/lights/oracle-illuminated-led-wheel-rings

The spoiler attaches with 2 screws on each side. I drilled 2 holes close to the edge and placed the spoiler on that way.
There isn't a template so You'll do a little measurement on your own but if you have a good eye for that stuff it shouldn't be an issue.
Def a two person install though to make it much easier trust me.
I have mine all the way up to the edge so the spoiler juts out a couple of inches past the trunk (looked better that way) but I do think theres some play in how far up you could put it.

Btw, there wasn't a special on the spoiler so I called carid instead and asked what they could do, They knocked it down 10% and it came to $265.00 including shipping.

I also installed miramoto xb HID bulbs 6500K from the retrofit source, much cleaner whiter light then the stock 4300k bulbs. Very happy with them and they were $70.00 for the pair.
Install was a bit of a PITA though I have to say but if you have questions I'd be more then happy to answer them!

#19 ·
NICE!!!! That really adds to the sportiness of the S.

Funny, your pictures look good with that spoiler. We've seen prior pictures of that spoiler on other cars and it didn't look too good on the other car. Maybe it's the color, the other car was white and it just didn't seem right.

#20 ·
I agree with trav, I think the color helps this spoiler, I have a white 200S and I think im going with the lip style spoiler from carid, this one just doesn't look right with white. But on blue it looks awesome!

#26 ·
Ok little miss VIVIDAWDGIRL, because of you I just bought my second spoiler/wing since I bought Chryssy in May! lol The first one I also bought from CARid. It's the little lip spoiler which I'll post a couple pics of. The good thing is (maybe) the new wing like yours will fit right over the lip spoiler. But I won't decide if it looks good till the new wing gets here. Two questions though: IF I end up removing the lip spoiler, what is the best way to get 3M tape to let go without bringing paint with it? When I installed it I had to take it off a time or two to reposition it and I almost didn't get it off, and I hadn't even pressed it down good yet! Also, anyone interested in a Phantom Black lip spoiler for a good price?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Automotive exterior
Car Vehicle Automotive exterior Trunk Mid-size car
Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Spoiler Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Trunk

#27 ·
Sorry! Here's one more angle for interested parties:
Trunk Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Car Vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.