Chrysler 200 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Wow, glad you asked hadn't looked myself yet. They did a **** good job. All 4 holes are completely sealed. I asked them what they do to prevent corrosion. They said they shoot in a rust inhibitor first and then calk the whole thing. It already comes with a rubber gasket in place.

View attachment 30274 View attachment 30282 View attachment 30290

WOW, They DID do a nice job! And those are not the bolts that came with the wing! The ones that came with it were way too short to put them there, and those heads are much bigger!
We drilled through the little lip on the edge as I was afraid I might hit the wires for the the trunk opener and sensor. I think I may coat the bolts with 3-4 coats of plasti-dip.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
OK I finally returned from vacation so I can post pictures of Chryssy's new wing as promised. I have to say though, after seeing the pictures of it actually on VIVIDAWDGIRL's car, I realized that this
wing is nothing like the ones you see everyday (mostly on Hondas). Those are much more square and so full of 90 degrees angles that they look very universal, which is exactly what I didn't want!
Not this one though! It's contours match the 200's deck lid like they were made for each other.
New2.jpg New3.jpg New4.jpg New9.jpg

New10.jpg New11.jpg New13.jpg New16.jpg

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
WCMF

Thanks for letting me see how it would (or will) look on my black 200C AWD. It looks great!
Some were saying that they were concerned that the lighter colors (especially white) wouldn't look right with this wing. But I really believe with the way this one is designed that the color won't matter.
If the deck lid was still more squared off like the earlier models then I would agree this type of wing doesn't work. And it wouldn't matter if it was this exact style, or one that was more squared off
like the gazillion Honda ones that I hate so bad. The squared off deck lids need either nothing at all, or a spoiler, but not a wing. But that's only my opinion, I just hate seeing someone pass on this wing just
because of color. I saw a couple of white 200 S's here that I thought would look really good with a black wing and maybe even a dark colored bug guard on the front, like the one on my car. I LOVE the
black and white effect...

·
Registered
2 Posts
This looks awesome... I think I will be getting one soon.
Like someone else said in the thread.. this is your fault VIVIDAWDGAL :D

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
This looks awesome... I think I will be getting one soon.
Like someone else said in the thread.. this is your fault VIVIDAWDGAL :D
LOL, yeah that was I, and it is her fault! But I'm glad she pulled the trigger because it really is a beautiful wing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
LoL. WCMF, ya beat me to the punch! That's the spoiler I'm having installed with the front accent this Friday (dag gum it VIVIDAWDGAL! Why do ya have to introduce us to nice things? JK we love it and thanks again for sharing it with us :D Puttin too much money too quick into this....#correctfinancialpriorities)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Looks great! I'm curious if they have 3rd brake lights integrated into one of these as an option?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Looks great! I'm curious if they have 3rd brake lights integrated into one of these as an option?
travman,
I went back to Carid just to see if I could find you a wing with a brake light on it, but had no lucK. I then went out and looked at Chryssy's wing from behind and realized
I wouldn't want a light on that wing for two reasons:
1) In no way, shape or form does the wing impede the view of the third brake light from behind. IF there was a light on the wing it would look like there was the one on
the wing, then a second one sitting on top of the wing!

2)The trailing edge of that wing is so sharp and beveled downward that I think it would effect it's looks in a bad way. But that's jMO!

After going back to Carid and relooking at the picture they have of our wing we really are lucky that VIVIDAWDGIRL pulled the trigger, because the photographer should
fired! It's a perfect example of how so many people today have no pride and just don't care about what they're doing...

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Anyone have pictures of this on a white 200? People are saying it looks bad in white, i don't see why it would.
The cool thing about white cars are that you can use any secondary/trim color you want and it will work! Or you can just stay with white!
I'd really like to see someone do a white, or about any color for that matter with:
The black CARid wing
The Mopar front, rear fascia's and side accents in black
dark window tint
Mopar Bug Deflector/dark tint
Mopar Rain Guards/dark tints
black wheels
I'd love to see any color fully decked out in black trim but in white, you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The cool thing about white cars are that you can use any secondary/trim color you want and it will work! Or you can just stay with white!
I'd really like to see someone do a white, or about any color for that matter with:
The black CARid wing
The Mopar front, rear fascia's and side accents in black
dark window tint
Mopar Bug Deflector/dark tint
Mopar Rain Guards/dark tints
black wheels
I'd love to see any color fully decked out in black trim but in white, you can't go wrong.
I've been considering most of this with my blue 200, but using matte black rather than gloss. I've they'd ever release the fascias and side sills in blue, I'd probably just buy those and palti them to the color I want. Then I can return them to blue when it comes time to sell. I'd do that with moth of it I think. Except the bug guard... dunno if I want one. lol

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I've been considering most of this with my blue 200, but using matte black rather than gloss. I've they'd ever release the fascias and side sills in blue, I'd probably just buy those and palti them to the color I want. Then I can return them to blue when it comes time to sell. I'd do that with moth of it I think. Except the bug guard... dunno if I want one. lol
The bug guard didn't impress me much either when I first mounted it. In fact, after seeing it mounted, I was gonna leave it on a few days and take it back off and sell it! Well obviously it really grew on me cause it's still there!!! Here's a few pics for those that are considering getting one:
Chrissy Bug Guard 1.jpg Chryssy Front Drivers Side.jpg Chryssy Front wBug Guard.jpg Chryssy Side Bug Guard.jpg New1.jpg New17.jpg New19.jpg New20.jpg New21.jpg

kingsolo99,
Most spoilers have only the 3m, 2 sided servo tape. Usually wings have both tape and bolts...

·
Registered
329 Posts
It doesn't look that bad. But, if I got it, I might leave that piece blue rather than blacking it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Info Help

That rear wing spoiler looks amazing on that 200 ! I just recently bought a 2015 Chrysler 200s vivid blue and I need some feed back on what kind of wing is it ? Like is it the T5i custom style rear spoiler item #52109273 ? I can really use some help so I can purchase this item for my car.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
That rear wing spoiler looks amazing on that 200 ! I just recently bought a 2015 Chrysler 200s vivid blue and I need some feed back on what kind of wing is it ? Like is it the T5i custom style rear spoiler item #52109273 ? I can really use some help so I can purchase this item for my car.
I'm sorry Tommygunz28, I just noticed your question, but YES that is the correct number!

·
Registered
2 Posts
[iurl="http://www.200forums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=28913&stc=1&d=1437957312"]
[/iurl][iurl="http://www.200forums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=28921&stc=1&d=1437957346"]
[/iurl][iurl="http://www.200forums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=28929&stc=1&d=1437957377"]
[/iurl]
New spoiler from Carid. Easy install, perfect paint match.
Really adds to the car in my opinion.
What wheels did you go with. They look great!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Kits look pretty, my area of texas those skirts would get trashed.

Unless i actally track this car i wont be needing anymore kind of downforce to my car.

Again they all look pretty, but just dosent fit for my usage.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts