Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home and received a letter from FCA about an important customer satisfaction notification VB3 for GPS software update. It came with a USB drive. Apparently this is supposed to fix the GPS losing your coordinates while driving. I’m currently updating my car and hoping that it fixes my problem so that I don’t have to spend $400 to get it fixed! So far it hasn’t failed to update BOLO file. 🤞🏼

·
Registered
37 Posts
I emailed Chrysler and they refused to send me the update via usb stick. I updated my 5.0 to 8.4a but gps is acting up constantly now. Chrysler wants me to go to the dealer and specifically specified that i would be charged for such update. Does anyone with the 8.4a ( not 8.4an) want to send me their update? Ill pay shipping fees and even mail it back...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pittsburgh, PA
when I get home I’ll try and see if I can copy the file. Then maybe I could send it to you just put it on a USB drive and you have your own copy. But if not I’d be happy to send it to you and you can send it back.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd be careful. The instructions state that it is only to be used in the vehicle for which sent. I doubt the USB is VIN-restricted but there could be other "tests" that might "brick" the unit if a USB is shared.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good advice. That could be the reason they sent the usb stick instead of having people download it to their own usb device. But as I told Lazer, it didn’t do anything to remedy my GPS, so maybe it’ll help him.

·
Super Moderator
1,819 Posts
RA4. But it didn’t fix my man issue. My GPS has me driving through a corn field on the way home today. Also the assist message came up on the screen.
I have posted long ago with the same issue, complete with the assist message. After multiple trips to the dealer, complete with pictures of the screen showing the car in a field, and the assist message, they finally fixed it.
My repair order states they replaced the "radio / telematics gateway module", which I suspect was just the radio itself.
That was July 2016 and no problems since. The vehicle was still under basic warranty at the time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ah that probably wouldnt work as my radio is RA3, navigation was added to mine at some point before i got it. I think i will probably just have to go to the dealer and get charged to have navigation working. Or else i have to wait 10-15 minutes each time while the gps "wakes up".

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have posted long ago with the same issue, complete with the assist message. After multiple trips to the dealer, complete with pictures of the screen showing the car in a field, and the assist message, they finally fixed it.
My repair order states they replaced the "radio / telematics gateway module", which I suspect was just the radio itself.
That was July 2016 and no problems since. The vehicle was still under basic warranty at the time.
That’s what I was curious about, I’ve tried to figure out if there’s a separate gateway module but I believe it’s part of the head unit itself. I know I can send it off to navigation repair.com and they’ll fix it for like $400. The dealer wants like $1300 and that’s ridiculous. Thanks for the info

1 - 14 of 14 Posts