Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
It only took you 25 mins, I thought that the update took over an hour.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I did it this summer. You don't have to start the car, just turn the ignition to ON. But yes, about 20 minutes.
I think you are confusing this with the OTA [over the air] update from earlier this year. I believe that was software update 18.43.01. This is update 18.45.01 via USB mailed by FCA to owners with UConnect 8.4AN & 8.4A systems. This update via USB requires that you start the engine and are advised that vehicle should be in a well ventilated area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I received one in the mail as well. I had JUST done an OTA to 18.43.01 and thought that was the GPS update... where in the world does one go to find release notes or what these updates do? I think the one prior had something to do with Apple CarPlay or something and even finding that was like pulling teeth.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So I just checked my current Uconnect software version is 17.11.07 and the online check-for-updates using serial number says all up-to-date! And the current version is 18.45.01? Whats going on?
Or are Canadian owners/customers sol? I have Uconnect 8.4A

·
Registered
769 Posts
Watching

·
Super Moderator
1,819 Posts
Information to those with the various 8.4 systems where the nav and sometimes the clock are not working properly.
The TSB itself states that only vehicles delivered in the U.S. can receive over the air updates, and this TSB only applies to the US.

Here is the info on the TSB, 08-089-19 from which you can read.

If your vehicle shows that no updates are available, and yet you have an older version still in the system, then you can ask the dealer about "Customer Satisfaction Notification VB3". Some vehicles may not have been identified as being involved with this update and therefore the UConnect system says there is nothing available.
Dealers should be aware of the VB3 letter and the related TSB, 08-111-19RRT for proper instructions and labor operation.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I agree with what you said fltru103. I/we know OTA updates are for US customers only however, this thread started with Bob Paris stating,
"In today's mail I received a letter from FCA containing a USB to perform a GPS software update 18.45.01. "
There has to be some reason why Bob, who I see lives in the US, received this usb as opposed to the 'normal' OTA update. I'm also wondering if we here in Canada will be receiving the update as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,819 Posts
I agree with what you said fltru103. I/we know OTA updates are for US customers only however, this thread started with Bob Paris stating,
"In today's mail I received a letter from FCA containing a USB to perform a GPS software update 18.45.01. "
There has to be some reason why Bob, who I see lives in the US, received this usb as opposed to the 'normal' OTA update. I'm also wondering if we here in Canada will be receiving the update as well.
I am rather confused over the whole update issue this time myself.
My wife's 200 hasn't been updated for several years. UConnect says no updates available ?
My 2015 Durango hasn't updated either, but UConnect says there is an update available, 18.45.01.
My 2016 Challenger updated 2 weeks ago, over the air.

From what I gather, a mistake was made where some vehicles that should get the update were misidentified, that they are not involved in the campaign. Therefore, no OTA update was issued for them.
Then FCA issued the VB3 campaign, which is the USB stick for customers to install themselves. If they can't, the dealer is directed to perform that service, with instructions listed on TSB 08-111-19/RRT. ( don't hold me to this as I can't seem to locate that new TSB yet, which would tell me more. )

·
Registered
37 Posts
My radio was upgraded from the 5.0 version. When i go to the site I cant retrieve an update using my VIN. Can i use another VIN and see if I can update using the uconnnect website?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts