Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My backrest heater on my drivers side hasn’t worked for some time now. I finally decided to replace the pad since I ruled out the module (the cushion and passenger seat worked still). Taking the seat apart was fairly simple, as was replacing the pad. But now that it is installed, the heated seat button turns on then off again (on my uconnect screen). The passenger one works still but not the driver side at all. I tried doing a proxi alignment, but it didn’t seem to make a difference. Any ideas? I found a burned and broken wire on the old one so I know it was bad. The new one was the correct part and unlike before the driver cushion won’t even come on at all now. 2015 200C

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
344 Posts
So the drivers seat cushion heats up, but the seat back won't?
The manual says that the cushion and seatback are wired in a parellel circuit. That could only mean that the issue is inside the seat.
The CSWM (comfort seat/wheel module) is located under the passenger seat. The sensing thermistor and heating elements are hardwired to the module.
The Tn/Yl and Tn/Wt wires are for the cushion thermistor (temperature) sense and return circuit. There is no thermistor in the seatback.
The LG/Br and Bk wires are the Hi/Lo power and ground for the drivers seat cushion and back.
The CSWM is on the interior hi-speed (IHS) bus. It can store fault codes, display states and run tests.
If you found burning, a short has occurred. Double-check the drivers seat power outputs from the CSWM.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So after doing a proxi alignment and letting it sit for a bit, the heated seat is working. But I do have a check engine light on. So now I’ll see what AlphaOBD says about that. But at least the seat is working. Guess a little patience paid off and just had to let the system go to sleep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts