Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Chrysler 200s 3.6L AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this is possible, But I am not a huge fan of my shift knob on my 2015 200S AWD. Was just curious is there anyway you could replace the shifter knob with a shift lever?? (Pictured Below) I am fairly certain you can not, But I figured I'd ask just for the heck of it.

·
Super Moderator
1,998 Posts
For vehicles that presently have the T handle shifter located like the picture, it is possible. ( example, a Dodge Durango ) Cost is another issue.
For our 200's, I doubt it can be retrofitted because our vehicles were designed with the rotary knob.

·
Registered
2015 Chrysler 200s 3.6L AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For vehicles that presently have the T handle shifter located like the picture, it is possible. ( example, a Dodge Durango ) Cost is another issue.
For our 200's, I doubt it can be retrofitted because our vehicles were designed with the rotary knob.
ah, I kind of had a feeling, how do you feel about the rotary knob?

·
Super Moderator
1,998 Posts
ah, I kind of had a feeling, how do you feel about the rotary knob?
While I would also prefer a shifter handle to the knob, I am used to it.
I had it on my 2015 Dodge Durango, and FCA has since changed it back to the T-handle on newer models.
I don't think the rotary knob has been well received.

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
636 Posts
It is novel, like Chrysler's old pushbutton shifter.
When I first got the car, I would reach for the knob and turn up the blower motor instead.
I am used to it now. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
It is novel, like Chrysler's old pushbutton shifter.
When I first got the car, I would reach for the knob and turn up the blower motor instead.
I am used to it now. :)
I always worried about turning the fan speed and turn the shifter knob instead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2016 200 and am not a fan of the rotary shift knob. Especially since there are other rotary switches all around it. I am getting used to it. When I first got the car I was cruising on the freeway at about 70 when I accidently turned the shift knob instead of the blower motor. I actually turned the shift knob to the park position. Thankfully the car was smart enough to ignore it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It took a little bit of getting used to when I first got the car but once I did I found I like the rotary shifter. I appreciate not having the large shift lever taking up space in the console and while the knob specifically didn't catch on I'm glad that manufaturers are going to smaller shifters even if they retain a lever. With an automatic it's just an electronic switch anyway and if I want to shift the gears myself I prefer the paddles on the wheel to using a lever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts