Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i own 3 200s and only one has the large screen. The reverse camera is super blurry, almost pixelated. Is this normal for the larger screen? It has a great picture on the screen without the reverse camera on. It looks like a very low resolution security camera or a really old cell phone camera. I'd like to fix this is possible, but have no way to confirm it's not how the car was made. The image isn't so bad on the smaller screens in my other 2.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, i have cleaned it. Ive even considered swapping the camera from my parts car. I assume the cameras are the same?

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
565 Posts
What year and which radio? It may not be the camera. Some radios have had software update bulletins for a 'jittery' back up image and much more. See Symptoms/Conditions.
For example, a 2015 with the RA3/RA4:
If you can, get any and all module updates done at the same time while the tool is connected at the dealer visit. It lends to an overall, vastly improved driving experience.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a 2017 and its the 8" touch screen, not sure which that is. Is it possible to install the update myself with a usb thumb drive as mentioned in that tsb?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to swap the factory remote start into this car too, so that might warrant an update at the same time

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
565 Posts
That bulletin won't apply to 2017. The only 2017 radio software update was for the GPS.
If you have NAV, you likely have the RA4.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts