Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this in the Facebook group, just tested.

Only works on vehicles which have the auto down option for both the driver and passenger windows.

1. Push Unlock button on Key Fob
  2. Push again and hold.
  3. Driver & Passenger Windows will roll down.
  4. Perfect on a hot day to vent out your vehicle. :cool:
Nice bit of information gained from the Facebook group. Happy I found this out.

·
Registered
450 Posts
With the convertible, all 4 windows go down. It's also in the owners manual. Yes, very nice on a hot day.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Were the doors locked? If not, lock them and try again.
Nope still doesn't work. But I should have expected it with all the electronic glitches I've had with this car. If it wasn't for the fact it drives/rides/shifts/handles excellent I would have dumped it months ago!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope still doesn't work. But I should have expected it with all the electronic glitches I've had with this car. If it wasn't for the fact it drives/rides/shifts/handles I would have dumped it months ago!
I was looking at some comments. Only a few cars have it. I wonder if it was the factory in which they were made or the year. Also, you kept it for a few reasons stated, but shifting? :confused:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I was looking at some comments. Only a few cars have it. I wonder if it was the factory in which they were made or the year. Also, you kept it for a few reasons stated, but shifting? :confused:
My Uconnect keeps cutting in and out during phone calls. The Automatic climate control starts blowing heat for no reason when the switches are off. Sometimes the power locks don't work automatically. The ABS and traction control lights come on for no apparent reason. Dealer won't take the time to investigate even last time when I left the car with them for a week and told them take your time but investigate it. I get the "we can't duplicate the problem" line of bull****..........But others have stated they have had tranny issues which I haven't experienced....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My Uconnect keeps cutting in and out during phone calls. The Automatic climate control starts blowing heat for no reason when the switches are off. Sometimes the power locks don't work automatically. The ABS and traction control lights come on for no apparent reason. Dealer won't take the time to investigate even last time when I left the car with them for a week and told them take your time but investigate it. I get the "we can't duplicate the problem" line of bull****..........But others have stated they have had tranny issues which I haven't experienced....
I haven't had problems, but in no way a smooth transmission. I don't know what the user did before me, or if they took care of the car (bought at 16k) but I have a 100k warranty and know the GM out of the dealership, so I'm not too worried.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I think Chrysler stopped making vehicles with the window down feature through the remote in 2012. The story I heard was there were too many complaints from people who put their windows down accidentally because the fob buttons got pushed while the fob was in their pocket. The feature works up to a certain year but it was eventually disabled.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think Chrysler stopped making vehicles with the window down feature through the remote in 2012. The story I heard was there were too many complaints from people who put their windows down accidentally because the fob buttons got pushed while the fob was in their pocket. The feature works up to a certain year but it was eventually disabled.
Mine is a 2013 Limited HT convertible. All 4 windows will go down by pressing the unlock button and then pressing it again and holding it. The doors have to be locked in order for it to work.

·
Super Moderator
2,513 Posts
does not work on my 13' Touring S, have not tried it on the wife's 13' Limited yet, but I would guess it won't work.

·
Registered
72 Posts
For Sedan will only work for 2011 model years, was removed 2012+ for all models (including Vans, 300/Charger, etc...). There may be some exceptions like the Convertible, but generally the feature is no longer available.

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
It works on my 2011 200 Limited...I sure never heard about that function before...Should have read the entire manual.

·
Registered
875 Posts
For Sedan will only work for 2011 model years, was removed 2012+ for all models (including Vans, 300/Charger, etc...). There may be some exceptions like the Convertible, but generally the feature is no longer available.
This does not work on my 2011 touring. Where did you find this information from? This topic was covered last year and we never did find a correlation between models that had it and didn't have it enabled.

·
Registered
274 Posts
2011 touring v6... nope :( But I hear if you press all buttons at once it will hydraulically lift back to front and the lights will all flash in sequence. Mine doesn't do this.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts