Chrysler 200 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,679 Posts
Headlamp on dimly too? Or just the Parking lamps. It sounds like an electrical 'leakage' issue, possibly with the BCM?
Do you know this car's history? Any chronic interior water leak or flood rescue? Did this problem just start happening?
There may be a diagnostic fee (usually 1 hour labor) to have BCM fault codes read at a shop (unless you know someone with a capable scan tool), but I would start with that.
Corroded terminals might cause small amounts of electrical leakage. but probably not enough to light bulbs dimly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The problem causes head lamp to glow, side parking light and rear running light. Car passenger door replaced due to accident and I noticed an issue with the glass not seating properly as it sometimes moves noisily in its housing. I know the two systems are probably not connected but I’m sure the repair guys probably cut corners somewhere else too.

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,679 Posts
Did the carpet get rained on if the car sat outside after the accident or when the RF glass didn't seal?
The BCM is mounted under the drivers-side dash, but if the car sat with a wet carpet, that would be the only connection to the current failure that I can think of.

If you unplug the BCM, do the lights go out? It is the fuse/relay box under the drivers-side dash.

Reactions: fltru103
21 - 23 of 23 Posts