Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,

well, i noticed two small bubbles on my hood this week. They are small, but it’s on both sides of the hood. (In and out)

long story short, they will send pictures to chrysler canada, they will repair the hood unless it’s perforated buuuuutttt, they won’t replace my protective film on the hood. Even though i got it on day 0 from the dealer.
the lady said Chrysler canada wont cover that.

is that true ?

probably a dumb question but should i call them when time comes to see if they can replace it or at least 50/50 ?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,798 Posts
HI all,

well, i noticed two small bubbles on my hood this week. They are small, but it’s on both sides of the hood. (In and out)

long story short, they will send pictures to chrysler canada, they will repair the hood unless it’s perforated buuuuutttt, they won’t replace my protective film on the hood. Even though i got it on day 0 from the dealer.
the lady said Chrysler canada wont cover that.

is that true ?

probably a dumb question but should i call them when time comes to see if they can replace it or at least 50/50 ?

thanks
Anything like aftermarket accessory's, or anything not standard equipment, is NOT a covered warranty item.
You added the protective film, not Chrysler.
Why not ask the dealer to help since they are the ones that made money from selling the "protective film".

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
IF it was my 200 that did this and I bought a protective coating from the dealer to prevent such things from occurring, I would be seeking a refund from the dealer on that coating since the product did not perform as intended.

·
Registered
315 Posts
For the heck of it, I did a check of the front of my hood and, oh no! ...a few small bubbles starting. WTF. I'll be bringing too the dealer in the next few days. I'll keep y'all posted here what happens.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got the confirmation this morning. they will repair the hood.

somebody from my dealer will call me to see what they can do for the 3M protective film.
fingers crossed.

·
Super Moderator
1,798 Posts
IF it was my 200 that did this and I bought a protective coating from the dealer to prevent such things from occurring, I would be seeking a refund from the dealer on that coating since the product did not perform as intended.
The protective coatings or films are meant to protect the paint from stone chips, etc., not from corrosion coming though the paint.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need an advice from you guys... how long should i take after the repaint job to install a new hood protective film ?
some says 72h, 30days, even 90days.
I'll be driving the car 2-3 times a weeks.

Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I took my 2015 200 AWD into the bodyshop for an assessment of the bubbling on the external hood and he lifted the hood and found corrosion on the inside as well. Options were repair or replace the hood depending on how extensive the corrosion was once they got in there. I only see a repair myself but you never know. When I asked them about a loaner from Chrysler, the dealer said Chrysler would not pay for a loaner but the local body shop would if that makes any sense. I guess they're charging Chrysler for it in an indirect way.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Went too dealer today. They took some pics too send too Chrysler. Serv Mgr didn't think they gonna cover because of 62k mi. And advisor said if they do , they won't supply a vehicle. Nice

·
Registered
78 Posts
Went too dealer today. They took some pics too send too Chrysler. Serv Mgr didn't think they gonna cover because of 62k mi. And advisor said if they do , they won't supply a vehicle. Nice
Make sure you stay on top of them. I’ve been bugging my dealer for three months waiting for response or Chrysler supposedly. But if you read through the warranty book that comes their vehicle, you should be getting a loaner vehicle. They cover $35 a day on warranty repairs. If they are not willing to provide you with ar least an enterprise Rent-A-Car, I’d call Chrysler and raise some ****.

·
Super Moderator
1,798 Posts
Make sure you stay on top of them. I’ve been bugging my dealer for three months waiting for response or Chrysler supposedly. But if you read through the warranty book that comes their vehicle, you should be getting a loaner vehicle. They cover $35 a day on warranty repairs. If they are not willing to provide you with ar least an enterprise Rent-A-Car, I’d call Chrysler and raise some ****.
This has been mentioned and talked about before.
Chrysler / FCA warranty does NOT cover a rental. You must be looking at a "Service Contract" or extended warranty, as they are sometimes referred to. ( Service contracts are an insurance type thing, NOT a warranty. )
In the event you choose to use the provisions in the service contract, it still may not be covered as paint repair is not an item covered under any service contract. Here is the exact wording in my service contract.
​Rental allowance will pay up to $35 per day for a rental anytime repairs take overnight, and a component covered by the plan or the manufacturers basic or powertrain warranty fails.

I would contact the administrator of your service contract first to avoid any confusion before you drop the car for repairs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That was the same thing that I read, But, my interpretation was that it was a Warranty repair therefore it should be covered with a rental vehicle. Especially if the perforation/rust Warranty is part of the new vehicle warranty. But apparently I’m wrong. So, I guess I need to plan on another mode of transportation at it when I take mine in. LOL.

·
Super Moderator
1,798 Posts
That was the same thing that I read, But, my interpretation was that it was a Warranty repair therefore it should be covered with a rental vehicle. Especially if the perforation/rust Warranty is part of the new vehicle warranty. But apparently I’m wrong. So, I guess I need to plan on another mode of transportation at it when I take mine in. LOL.
It will be a warranty repair, but not defined as such under the "Basic Warranty" or the Powertrain warranty. Remember, basic expires after 3 years or 36K miles. Remember also that it is called a "Corrosion Warranty" as listed in section 2.2 of the warranty handbook.
I still say call the administrator of your service contract. Names, dates and a confirmation number might help.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks guys! And I'm pretty sure the rust/corrosion warranty is 5 yrs 100k. I didn't say anything because I didn't have all the facts. Once I have it with me,I'll b ready too argue. She said it would be a week or 2 so I'm calling Monday too tell her the terms of the corrosion warranty, seeing she and the service manager think it's under the 3/36k warranty.

·
Super Moderator
1,798 Posts
Thanks guys! And I'm pretty sure the rust/corrosion warranty is 5 yrs 100k. I didn't say anything because I didn't have all the facts. Once I have it with me,I'll b ready too argue. She said it would be a week or 2 so I'm calling Monday too tell her the terms of the corrosion warranty, seeing she and the service manager think it's under the 3/36k warranty.
Straight from the 2015 warranty guide on page 8.

How Long It LastsThe Corrosion Warranty starts when your Basic LimitedWarranty begins under 2.1(E).
This warranty has two time-and-mileage limits:
• For sheet metal panels, the limit is 36 months, with no mileage limit.
• For an outer-body sheet metal panel — one that is finish-painted and that someone can see when walking around the vehicle — the limits are 5 years or unlimited miles on the odometer, whichever occurs first.
https://www.chrysler.com/crossbrand/warranty/pdf/2015-Chrysler-Generic-Warranty-1st.pdf

1 - 20 of 28 Posts