Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 200S 2.4

So I checked under the hood today and noticed something odd.There is a grounding wire from what I assume is the ECU module that is completely rusted and broken. Could this have caused any damage to the car? and how do I go about replacing the wire?
Auto part Vehicle Car Trunk Engine

Thanks for the help!!

·
Super Moderator
2,162 Posts
Welcome to the forum astrogto !
Please take a moment to fill out the profile section so everyone knows your car, model & engine combo.

Our car is not here right now so I can't check. I don't recall ever seeing a wire like that.
Are you the original owner ? Could someone have added that for an accessory, etc. ?
Some 2016 vehicles are still under the 3/36 warranty. Are you ?

I'll look tonight when our car gets back. In the mean time, hopefully someone else can take a look at what you have described.

·
Registered
2016 Chrysler 200s 2.4L
154 Posts
When I was rebuilding the front end of my 2016 200s I had to repair this same wire and relocate it to the radiator support as the stud that the nut fastened to (on the frame rail) was sheared off..

Where is the wire broken off? At the lug at the stud? My wire was actually long enough to move it to a different location... You may be able to just replace the lug and crimp the wire back on if that's the case... The wire I have is black in color... Yours looks like the color has been washed away but still insulating the copper conductor...

Most manufacturers do not spend needless money adding wires/parts so that wire should be reconnected/repaired... You may get away with the ECM/PCM running for a while and If the engine is running OK I doubt that any damage has occurred at the moment... The ECM has probably found another way to ground itself through the wiring harness for now...
Dave

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Just an observation that might not be correct, your radiator hose has some arrows and line up lines on it. Possible someone replaced your radiator hose and cut the wire while trying to replace it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
2016 200S 2.4

So I checked under the hood today and noticed something odd.There is a grounding wire from what I assume is the ECU module that is completely rusted and broken. Could this have caused any damage to the car? and how do I go about replacing the wire?
View attachment 54426
Thanks for the help!!
Is the second picture the accurate way it’s hooked up? I’m trying to figure out what the end opposite of frame is connected to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts