Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer is having a hard time finding it. I installed a heated wheel, harness, and clock spring for the heated wheel. But my limited never had one in the first place. Anyone know the proper sales code for the option?

Thanks

·
Registered
759 Posts
Check out THIS SITE under 'Equipment Listing' and you should get all the codes for your vehicle. You just need to enter your VIN number.

The info I have on the build sheet for my 2015 Limited is ... 'Heated Steering Wheel' code, NHSP

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'll give it a try when I'm at the dealer next time. I have a funny feeling that the actual body harness may be different. But i'll try one last time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update for anyone who is remotely thinking of doing this. After installing all the parts and car spending a day at the dealer, I was told and shown that a heated steering wheel sales code can not be added to my car. It's just not an available option within dealer connect. You can actually see the heated wheel within the Witech software but can not add it since the sales code is not available. I have contacted Chrysler to see if they can add it but doubt I will get anywhere.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Witech is a major limitation on these newer CUSW cars. It's a big concern for us folks looking to deploy UConnect 4. I'm hopeful that it doesn't block us from upgrading radios next year.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed. This is the hardest car that I modded so far. So far all I have been able to do is replace the seats with leather once out of a 200c and add fog lights. I have a VP4 was thinking of installing. Bought it off eBay. Good luck getting an unlock code. Plus a 7 inch cluster. But don't think it's worth the hastle anymore

·
Registered
250 Posts
Agreed. This is the hardest car that I modded so far. So far all I have been able to do is replace the seats with leather once out of a 200c and add fog lights. I have a VP4 was thinking of installing. Bought it off eBay. Good luck getting an unlock code. Plus a 7 inch cluster. But don't think it's worth the hastle anymore
The 7-inch cluster is painless to do. Just needs an Odometer update in WiTECH. Very painless to do since dealers have to do that to replace failed clusters. It's very drop-in and go.

The radio... I'm starting to suggest folks only use RA3/RA4 units from a donor 200 at this point. I think people are having issues with VP4 RAM units and WiTECH erroring out. But it could just be dealers shouting "impossible" - I'm just saying it's very easy to do if you have a donor unit from a 200, I've talked to enough people that have done it to not deter folks.

That said, I also fully expect that Uconnect 4 units next year, with possibly some hacking, will work in the Dart and 200. There are too many Dart's and 200's on the road for the NavRepair and FactoryOEMradio people to not figure out a flash for them, especially with Cherokee and Pacifica.

The overlap is minimal, my advice would be to put the 7-inch cluster in, sell the VP4, and wait for Uconnect 4 next year.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice. Maybe it is a RA4 then. It came out of a 2015 S. With Waze I no longer use any GPS options in my other cars.

As for the cluster still waiting on the mileage to get closer to my car.

With 5 Mopars in the stable I got myself a micro pod 2. Only use it for diagnosing issues. $100 just to check a code at the dealer it was worth it. But off course limited without deal connect access. It can initiate a Poxy Alignment though.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thanks for the advice. Maybe it is a RA4 then. It came out of a 2015 S. With Waze I no longer use any GPS options in my other cars.

As for the cluster still waiting on the mileage to get closer to my car.

With 5 Mopars in the stable I got myself a micro pod 2. Only use it for diagnosing issues. $100 just to check a code at the dealer it was worth it. But off course limited without deal connect access. It can initiate a Poxy Alignment though.
If you got it out of a 200, no sweat. Should be dead simple to install. If you have a Micro Pod, chat with the dealership techs when you're there. With five cars, you're obviously going there more than the average joe. They'll want to keep you happy. Find the guy that does all the wiTECH/Proxi stuff and get to know him/her. Odds are, they'll let you go back there and do it with them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Could you just not add it because of the model that you had? I have a 200 C which would have that option available. I would love to add a heated steering wheel to go to my heated seats.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes. The 2016 US Limited never had that option so not possible to add to that VIN. It's VIN specific. If you consider doing it I would go to the dealer and ask them to quickly look up your VIN and see if it's available.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2015 200 US Limited... Was the Self Dimming Assist/911 mirror an option? The dealer looked it up by VIN and there system says no, but I have a hard time believing as the Assist and 911 buttons work....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts