Chrysler 200 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
All this guy does is praise Toyota. Everything else is garbage and a money pit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
youtube really pushes those Scotty videos on me. I really wish it would stop. All he does is yell and call people stupid for liking cars that he doesn't like. When his credentials of "over 50 years of experience" doesn't tell me very much. Even if he doesn't suck as a mechanic, you can't really use anecdotal evidence from someone who has only dealt with peoples lemons as being representative of entire brands.

When he started going on about a customer that went through multiple transmissions in a Caravan in a short period as evidence that the transmissions are awful, I saw all I needed to see. Of all the people I have known that had multiple vans(myself included) I've seen them driven to death and not seen one transmission go out. He either has no idea how to properly install a transmission, or his customer drives in a fashion that would destroy any transmission in any car.

Some of his opinions may have made more sense in the early 80s before US manufacturers started adopting Japanese assembly line principles (eg. Toyota w/ the Chevy Nova) or like in that Johnny Cash song about how the best cars are ones built on a Wednesday; or the times when all other things equal, the plant where your engine was built was an indicator as to how powerful it would be.

His entire opinion of the 200 seemed to be based on "it looks good, but on the other hand it's Italian so it must be awful." And what the heck was he referring to about the brake pads? I don't recall having to play any guessing games on part numbers when I walked into the parts store and bought pads for mine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
They replaced the pulley or tensioner and now there's a click or metal touching metal sound coming from the front of the vehicle or engine bay whenever you drive over a bump or rough road.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts