Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if it's possible or if I have overlooked it, but is there a trick to turning off the seat belt chime? In past Fords I or family have owned, there's a procedure in the car manual to disable the seat belt chime. I'm guessing it's not an option, like in my wife's GMC. But even in that car I don't find it 1/100th of a percent annoying as in this car. I'd like to mention I wear my seat belt ALL the time. I am a member of the "upside down club" and realize it's importance. It's just like if my wife removes her's while we're driving to assist to the little one in the back seat or something. It seems to chime every 5 sec which is a bit overboard IMO. I also don't want to do any resistor hack or anything like that. I wonder if it can be disabled via the Chrysler programmer at the dealer? Do we have any Chrysler technicians on the site?

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir! LMFAO that it's a bottle opener as well. Always have my backpack there as well, luckily though that hasn't triggered it yet. Guess I'm not packing as heavy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
CUSTOMER PROGRAMMING SEQUENCE

NOTE: The following sequence of events must occur within 60 seconds of the ignition switch being placed in the ON position in order for the programming to be completed successfully.
  1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position except ON or START, buckle the driver side front seat belt.
  2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the seatbelt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds) .
  3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.
  4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except ON or START to toggle the BELTMINDER feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.

also here is a link from youtube on how to do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s46pVKkG5VM

or you can just google it .

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CUSTOMER PROGRAMMING SEQUENCE

NOTE: The following sequence of events must occur within 60 seconds of the ignition switch being placed in the ON position in order for the programming to be completed successfully.
  1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position except ON or START, buckle the driver side front seat belt.
  2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the seatbelt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds) .
  3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.
  4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except ON or START to toggle the BELTMINDER feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.

also here is a link from youtube on how to do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s46pVKkG5VM

or you can just google it .

THANK YOU! Exactly what I was after. Worked perfectly and as expected/hoped! I looked through the manual and assumed there wasn't a procedure since it wasn't listed. I should have asked the almighty Google afterwards. But thanks again, this should be stickied IMO.

·
Super Moderator
2,422 Posts
I can make this a sticky. Although it should never be even suggested to drive without a seat belt, there are circumstances where having this disabled can come in handy, for instance if you have cargo in the passenger seat that weighs enough for the sensor to think there's a person in the seat and you can't or don't want to click the seat belt closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts