Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find some good seat covers 2015 Chrysler 200 limited. Anybody has any suggestions let me know.

·
Registered
319 Posts
are you looking for full seat coverage, back and seat, or just the seat?

·
Registered
319 Posts
no, i am aware you're talking about the front seats, but are you talking about the back of the seat where your back rests and the bottom where your butt rests, or do you just want a cover for the bottom where your butt rests?? Full Seat cover or partial seat cover?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will take the covering the whole seat or just were you sit. Already bought a couple that didn't fit or didn't look right.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Go to an auto upholstery shop and have them make a set for your car. They will be happy to give you a quote.

Auto upholstery was my trade and I have literally made hundreds of sets in my time. I used to like making the fur covers and I hated making the clear plastic ones.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Whats a ball park price for one of our cars in a basic leather ? I literally have no idea wether its hundreds or thousands. Front and rear seating.

·
Registered
836 Posts
As I say, your best bet is to go to an auto upholstery shop and they will provide a free quote.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Thanks! I will go and get a quote this week from a couple of shops.
That's your best bet londrel. Although I am a qualified auto upholsterer I have not been active in the trade since 1982 when I went to work for a major airline working in the aircraft interiors. So I have gotten away from the pricing.

Also, even if I was still in the trade I would never give a 'ballpark number' as I have learned over time when you give a ballpark number over the phone people tended to take that as gospel.

You also mentioned 'basic leather' .... there is no such thing.

Leather (cowhide) was very expensive to buy back when I was in the trade and I'm sure it must have increased in price a lot since then.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,156 Posts
Very nice for Rams, Jeeps and minivans, but Mopar doesn't offer seat covers for the 200.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts