Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my front right tire opened up today to check the break pads.
I drove the car for around 3 hours and all was OK. About 50 or so miles... On and off.
After a while I returned home and there's a speed bump next to my house which I always go on and I get the light and service tire pressure system message... The front tire tire reading was - - -.... After 5 seconds it returned to normal and the message went away. Turned it off and entered the house. I don't know if it'll return or not. What gives?
What gives? This is not the first time I open the tires.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,069 Posts
The Service Tire Pressure System warning is explained beginning on p. 397 of the owners manual.
A fault code may be stored in the Wireless Control Module (WCM)?
The '- - -' could be a loss of communication between one or more of the TPMS sensors and the receiver. Let us know what you find.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Service Tire Pressure System warning is explained beginning on p. 397 of the owners manual.
A fault code may be stored in the Wireless Control Module (WCM)?
The '- - -' could be a loss of communication between one or more of the TPMS sensors and the receiver. Let us know what you find.
No fault code was stored in the system. That much I know.
According to the manual it maybe interference...manual.
Or simply a bad sensor battery...my thinking.

I drove it again and the problem or rather message never showed again which I am happy to report.

I do understand the - - - is loss of communication as an IT guy I understand it's lost comms with the car ecu...

I wanna pinpoint why it happened. Bad sensor battery or maybe these repair guys when they took off the tire and threw it may have damaged the sensor although it seems to be OK at the moment. Go figure. If it happens again I'll update here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts