Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 chrysler 200--dash indicator shows transmission is in drive--shifter is locked in park--won't release--actuated pink lever on shifter block to release shifter from park--still shows it's in drive on dash--also says no fuse--solution?

·
Registered
179 Posts
So, did you you check all fuses to see if any are blown?
In a very quiet environment, turn the key to ON (not START), step on the brake and try to move the shifter. If you hear a click, the park release is actuated. If not, it's not getting power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. With the key on and brake depressed I hear no click when trying to shift out of park. All fuses look good. Is there a secondary fuse location besides the main fuse block under the hood? How can I test to see if power is making it to the shifter block?

·
Registered
179 Posts
That should be the only fuse location. I need to buy the wiring diagrams for these cars - they're about $150, though.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The no fuse message is possibly related to the IOD (ignition off draw) fuses. The locations are in the owner's manual. My 2012 manual shows them being in positions 7 and 8 using green 30 amp fuses.

If you do a search for "no fuse message" there will be many links. Sometimes the fuses are good and there is a more fundamental problem. Possibly the TIPM (totally integrated power module).

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks for your reply. With the key on and brake depressed I hear no click when trying to shift out of park. All fuses look good. Is there a secondary fuse location besides the main fuse block under the hood? How can I test to see if power is making it to the shifter block?
I should clarify - turn the key to ON, put your hand on the shifter, and step on the brake. You should both hear a click and feel it in the shift handle. If not, the release solenoid is not activating.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts