Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,547 Posts
^The way you have it modified, it becomes more obvious it's on the GS platform. ^

Here's mine, I don't have any good recent pictures, only visual modification is15% window tint... and a drivers side blind spot mirror. I like sleepers.

·
Super Moderator
2,547 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do you feel like the performance chip works?
Absolutely! But I now realize that I am not using all the power I added due to the limiters still being enabled. Once I get my car tuned and have the limiters removed, I’ll be able to feel full potential. Just learned this

·
Registered
6 Posts
Absolutely! But I now realize that I am not using all the power I added due to the limiters still being enabled. Once I get my car tuned and have the limiters removed, I’ll be able to feel full potential. Just learned this
Which performance chip do you have?

·
Super Moderator
2,547 Posts
That's not a valid link. My guess is that you got a resistor in a box that connects to the air intake temp sensor making the PCM think the air is colder and making it run richer - all that does is make it use more fuel possibly advance the timing slightly and slow it down because the mixture is too rich - that and you are risking clogging your very expensive catalytic converters. If you want a cheap slight bump in power, run E85 if you have a yellow gas cap.

A stock 200 will run a Charger Hemi better than what you did in your video (try not to link that illegal stuff here by the way), not trying to bring you negative vibes but I know from experience. I have owned a 300C Hemi and a first gen 200 at the same time - and I also still had a 200 first gen and my AWD 200 at the same time - so this is based on actual experience.

If you want to improve performance get an actual tune - there isn't anything out there right now that piggy backs on the stock PCM that does anything besides throttle boost - Diablosport. In order to get an actual tune you need to have your PCM physically modified - or get a spare one and have that modified. Look around the forums here. There some that have done it. I haven't bothered on my 15' but I tuned my first gen 200 V6 limited including top speed limiter removed (raised to 190PMH) and on the first gen 200 no physical modifications to PCM were needed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I apologize, I just typed it in, but if you want to google it, it’s chip my car. I do use e85 whenever I can find one around. In my race I didn’t use e85. I am definitely going to tune next month, n have limiters removed. I take all info humbly, thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,547 Posts
I apologize, I just typed it in, but if you want to google it, it’s chip my car. I do use e85 whenever I can find one around. In my race I didn’t use e85. I am definitely going to tune next month, n have limiters removed. I take all info humbly, thanks
No worries. It's nice to read some more people enthused (performance) about their car here vs. just waxing it and fixing it when/if it breaks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The performance chip I have, I do feel a big difference ( on a scale from 1-10, probably a 5). I’m going to keep looking around before I actually follow thru with my tuning. Looking for the best route and not too costly. Taker of any suggestions. I posted a question, not sure if it was answered yet, but here it goes again. Having your PCM tuned and having the top speed limiter removed, is that 2 separate actions?, OR when you get your PCM tuned, the limiters are removed as part of tuning process? (My 1st car that I’m getting pretty in-depth with)

·
Registered
396 Posts
When you do the PCM you can access the settings for the limiter. Its all thru the PCM. And like BK said...get rid of that chip! It will do more harm than good in the long run.

·
Registered
22 Posts
thanks for the info! and tell you what? lol ima do some thorough research on the chip! I spent almost $200 for it, so I really dont wanna get rid of it, (it's plug n play btw) but if I find nothing to support, than I'll probably sell it. I see a quick and easy job for more power! I'm going to replace my intake manifolds and my bump up to a 80mm throttle body.

2015 200s 3.6 AWD
140 Posts
2015 Chrysler 200 AWD
The mods I have :

*Mopar CAI
*Mopar cat back
*PUG lower intake manifold
*78MM BBK throttle body
*Pentastar V6 Performance 180 thermostat
*39# injectors
*Eibach lowering springs
*Modern Performance strut tower brace