Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accelerated hard to 130 mile “200” just to feel the power of the 3.6 engine then I left the paddle , I am seeing white smoke coming from AC vents .... I freaked out

Smells like burning rubber

I checked my temps , it was completely normal. I turned off the car , opened the hood there was nothing.

Can someone explains to me

Did any one accelerated their car and have experience the same ?

What is the problem ?

The model is 2016 chrysler 200

·
Super Moderator
1,824 Posts
I accelerated hard to 130 mile “200” just to feel the power of the 3.6 engine then I left the paddle , I am seeing white smoke coming from AC vents .... I freaked out

Smells like burning rubber
Not sure what your first sentence says ?
However seeing some vapor or condensation coming from your A/C vents isn't out of the ordinary. If you did accelerate to 130, with the A/C on and the recirculation control open, then it's possible the the extra heat generated by the car under full power and the humidity in the air could have caused the vapor. The smell came though the vents because the systems are designed to pull in fresh air ( unless you have the recir closed ) from the outside, which means you were smelling the fan belt, the tires and other odors from outside.
All normal ... in my opinion. But I wasn't there.
I checked my temps , it was completely normal. I turned off the car , opened the hood there was nothing.

Can someone explains to me

Did any one accelerated their car and have experience the same ?

What is the problem ?

The model is 2016 chrysler 200
No problem from what you described.
If your serpentine belt has been checked and all periodic maintenance has been done, I wouldn't worry about it.
A tip I have used.
If your going to do a full throttle acceleration, then turn off the A/C. Some manufacturers install a cut-off switch on the system so the A/C compressor doesn't run at high RPM. Some ... not all as I couldn't possibly know what every manufacturer does. And I don't know if there is one with our cars either.
Just an old habit from long ago.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Again... I agree w what fitru103 said. Prob condensation or the belt from the compressor. Ive been to 130mph a few times and no prob, but w the a/c off. Might even be the clutches on the a/c. Prob not designed too handle that speed or load. So you obviously had a tune done too go 130mph, the car is speed limited too 117mph. Post your tune details here if youd like..

https://www.200forums.com/forum/50-general-discussion/63632-2015-200c-3-6-tuning.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts