Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,884 Posts
I believe it's telling you what version your vehicle has installed.
Did this pop up, or were you looking though the menu ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it's telling you what version your vehicle has installed.
Did this pop up, or were you looking though the menu ?
I was going through my settings and figured I’d check and see if I needed one or not. The technical & electronic side on my car has been faulty.

·
Super Moderator
1,884 Posts
I was going through my settings and figured I’d check and see if I needed one or not. The technical & electronic side on my car has been faulty.
You posted this in the 2015 UF section. Your car is an older model and I don't know if it supports updates by the owner like the newer models though the Uconnect system.
At this time, leave things alone. My opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it’s a 2012. Wasn’t sure what category to post in because there isn’t a forum category for older models. Just checking to make sure everything is up to date and running smoothly

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S
184 Posts
The code should be on the faceplate in white letters. I see it partially hidden in your above photo.
The sales code format is 'R--'. It should look like this:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The code should be on the faceplate in white letters. I see it partially hidden in your above photo.
The sales code format is 'R--'. It should look like this:

Okay I will check it out in a little bit. What does this code mean exactly or correlate to?

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S
184 Posts
The sales code identifies the radio. Then I look it up to see what updates may apply.

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S
184 Posts
There are a couple of software updates for the RHR that may apply to yours if they haven't been installed:
See if the listed SYMPTOM/CONDITION match what you are experiencing.

Also a couple of powertrain/shift quality software updates/enhancements:

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S
184 Posts
If I'm reading this right, your display screen is showing Software Application (version) 2.110.
The TSB 08-027-14 mentions the Software update disc (version) 2.184 under Parts Required.
So yes, the radio software would appear to be obsolete. See if your dealer can still update it and do it under the shop minimum charge/diagnostic fee? The bulletin also gives a technician flat rate labor time of 0.2 hrs. Dealer service dept. policies will vary.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I'm reading this right, your display screen is showing Software Application (version) 2.110.
The TSB 08-027-14 mentions the Software update disc (version) 2.184 under Parts Required.
So yes, the radio software would appear to be obsolete. See if your dealer can still update it and do it under the shop minimum charge/diagnostic fee? The bulletin also gives a technician flat rate labor time of 0.2 hrs. Dealer service dept. policies will vary.
Thank you brother!

·
Registered
272 Posts
You can update it yourself for free, online at the chrysler.com site. No need to pay anyone. They mailed me the update on USB. You need to enter the VIN and radio S/N and software version to determine what revision gets sent to you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts