Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The top goes up and down just fine and as expected. On a smooth road at 60mph it's quiet as a field mouse. On a less-than-smooth road at any speed it sounds like the top is being manhandled by a brute, the sound is akin to raiload cars being linked up - metal on metal. It's not a jarring scratching metal on metal like having worn out break pads but I would expect to have some hard foam or rubber to keep the top from rattling so much against the connection to the top of the windshield.

This car is new to me and upon a quick inspection everything looks in place & accounted for. Does anyone have any tips / tricks for how to keep the hard top quiet at the connections?

In case you're wondering: When the top is down there is absolutely no rattle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The top goes up and down just fine and as expected. On a smooth road at 60mph it's quiet as a field mouse. On a less-than-smooth road at any speed it sounds like the top is being manhandled by a brute, the sound is akin to raiload cars being linked up - metal on metal. It's not a jarring scratching metal on metal like having worn out break pads but I would expect to have some hard foam or rubber to keep the top from rattling so much against the connection to the top of the windshield.

This car is new to me and upon a quick inspection everything looks in place & accounted for. Does anyone have any tips / tricks for how to keep the hard top quiet at the connections?

In case you're wondering: When the top is down there is absolutely no rattle.
Found this link on my continued research, which may be the solution. I'll report back my findings.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found that the hook above the driver's side wasn't very secure. I took off the plastic along with the metal plate behind the plastic. In there you can access the 3 nuts that hold down the attachment, all were very loose. The video below is of everything taken apart to the point that I found the loose nuts. Cheers all~

1 - 3 of 3 Posts