Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Chrysler 200. Had the mechanics check the spare and it is fine. Used it once several years ago and no issues since. Had my snows removed and all seasons put on. Pressures are fine. Why has the spare low pressure warning come on. I was told it does not have a sensor. Have tried the steps to turn the warning off but still on.

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,077 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The TIPM/WCM seems to have lost its configuration. You may need a PIN # to unlock, reset & sleep the module(s) with a capable scan tool.

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you! I have the same issue with my 2013 Avenger!
I may have accidentally changed something when I was using AlphaOBD which would explain why my car also makes the same warning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I have the same issue with my 2013 Avenger!
I may have accidentally changed something when I was using AlphaOBD which would explain why my car also makes the same warning.
The only thing that happened prior to that warning was that my snows came off and all seasons put on. But these are the same snows and all seasons that have been put on for the last 2-3 years. What I don’t understand is if the spare has no sensor, was checked with a devise the mechanic has, and has the recommended psi, then how is the car “identifying” that issue? Puzzling. Guess I will have to learn to live with it.

·
Administrator
2,077 Posts
Somehow the configuration changed with the tire swap and/or something electrically happened to the module while in the shop? I'm at a loss to say 'how' it happened. but something changed it.
I don't know if a tire shop is equipped with the proper tools to change it back. If ever you have a service done at a Chrysler dealership, they could reconfigure the module back to what it is supposed to be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Somehow the configuration changed with the tire swap and/or something electrically happened to the module while in the shop? I'm at a loss to say 'how' it happened. but something changed it.
I don't know if a tire shop is equipped with the proper tools to change it back. If ever you have a service done at a Chrysler dealership, they could reconfigure the module back to what it is supposed to be.
Thanks I appreciate the input. The work was done at our local garage who I have been taking my vehicle to since I bought it new. My concern was that typically with a “warning” the car will not remote start, but it did. So as long as I can pre-cool in the summer and pre-heat in winter I may just leave it be. I know a dealership can incur crazy charges.

·
Administrator
2,077 Posts
Most dealers have a minimum charge (which is also usually the same as their 'diagnostic fee') of 1 hr labor. They may be able to reconfigure this under their 'minimum charge'.

Policies & procedures should be explained at the service counter, they should also be posted around the service desk.
The 'flat rate' amount per hour may not be posted, but you are welcome to ask. Dealers realize that they have to compete with these independent shops and try to be competitive price-wise for most services. There are still some specialized services that only can be performed at a dealer with factory support & tools behind them.

Charges should be fair & disclosed to you before the work is done. No one likes misunderstandings.
If repairs are going to go above the minimum charge, the work is put on hold pending your authorization to continue or to stop at that point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Most dealers have a minimum charge (which is also usually the same as their 'diagnostic fee') of 1 hr labor. They may be able to reconfigure this under their 'minimum charge'.

Policies & procedures should be explained at the service counter, they should also be posted around the service desk.
The 'flat rate' amount per hour may not be posted, but you are welcome to ask. Dealers realize that they have to compete with these independent shops and try to be competitive price-wise for most services. There are still some specialized services that only can be performed at a dealer with factory support & tools behind them.

Charges should be fair & disclosed to you before the work is done. No one likes misunderstandings.
If repairs are going to go above the minimum charge, the work is put on hold pending your authorization to continue or to stop at that point.
Thank you, I may reconsider and go to have it checked out. My mechanic did do a diagnostic but nothing came up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts