Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: this is my first post, but I've been following the Forum since last May. Love my 2016 Chrysler 200C, 3.5 L. I noticed in a You Tube video, that it was mentioned about a 'crushable washer' on the spark plugs. If that's true, then can I use a spark plug only once? I prefer to pull them once a year, just to see what's going on.

·
Registered
251 Posts
It's not a 3.5L, it's 3.6L (maybe that was a typo). You can remove and replace them a few times without issue.

·
Super Moderator
1,859 Posts
Hi: this is my first post, but I've been following the Forum since last May. Love my 2016 Chrysler 200C, 3.5 L. I noticed in a You Tube video, that it was mentioned about a 'crushable washer' on the spark plugs. If that's true, then can I use a spark plug only once? I prefer to pull them once a year, just to see what's going on.
At the cost of new plugs, why remove for inspection without replacing them ?
For under $30, new factory spec Champions are available from RockAuto, or any local auto parts store.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Pull them out once a year, sure, takes about two hours to change spark plugs on this car, I should know, I did it a short time ago.
Just change them out at 50k for good measure if you want and get new coils too just to be safe, but that's all you need to do, and even that is overkill.
Plugs were still decent at 50k when I replaced them, as long as it runs good don't worry about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not a hard task, but pulling every year? 1. You are opening the engine for junk as you have to pull the intake.
2. Plenum gasket set cost about $30.00. 3. Seems like way overkill. I have a 2012, 3.6, just changed the plugs 112,375 miles, wasn't misfiring or anything, just pm past due. Best of luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts