Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my speedometer was showing my speed as much slower than I was driving. After about 5 miles of this it just quit working all together. Anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MD I don't see the article you are mentioning. I'm new here so maybe I'm missing the link to the article

·
Super Moderator
1,819 Posts
MD I don't see the article you are mentioning. I'm new here so maybe I'm missing the link to the article
There is no link attached to the post you mentioned.

As for your issue, it might help to explain what you have, year, model and engine.
In the end, it could be any number of things from a speed sensor, the wiring at the speed sensor or even a problem with the ECU.
Instead of throwing parts at a problem, have a diagnostic test done to see if any codes are present and a visible look at the sensor and wiring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2013 200 convertible with a v6 six speed automatic. There is no check engine light on, so not sure if I would get a code or not. Not sure where the speed sensor is located, but that seems like the first thing I would change out.
Don't want to throw money away but don't want to give a Chrysler garage all of my money either if it is something that I can fix. Thanks Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,819 Posts
I have a 2013 200 convertible with a v6 six speed automatic. There is no check engine light on, so not sure if I would get a code or not. Not sure where the speed sensor is located, but that seems like the first thing I would change out.
Don't want to throw money away but don't want to give a Chrysler garage all of my money either if it is something that I can fix. Thanks Mike
I think we all understand that you don't want to throw money away.
However, nobody here can give you a definite fix for your issue. It requires diagnosis by a mechanic.
Bottom line, if your not mechanically inclined and know your way around any vehicle, then it's best to let a professional look at it.
I know that's not what you want to hear. Sorry.

·
Registered
769 Posts
There IS a link in Midwestdrummers post. Just hover over where it says ...' this article' ... and click on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shamrock thank you for that info. That's what I was looking for. I'm not a take it to the garage kind of guy, if there is any way that I can try something myself. This is my first Chrysler so not sure where everything is on
the engine/transmission. I see a sensor on the top almost center of the trans. and another down lower on back side of the trans(might have to remove the left wheel to get to it) Hopefully the top one is the one that is the speed sensor, if anyone knows for sure pls let me know. In the mean time I'll be digging to find out which sensor is which.
Thanks Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts