Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I have a 2015 Chrysler 200S with the 3.6 V6 engine in it all in all I have only had a couple of issues with the ESIM module leaking vacuum pressure causing the check fuel cap light to illuminate with the check engine light and the SRS light being on because of a bad connection on the passenger Squib airbag connector. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on the strut mounts since Mopar didn’t really think that plastic and metal would make a clunking noise over bumps lol who knows what they were thinking! But I have been trying to find a solution and I’ve tried aftermarket parts and I can still hear the clunk in the strut mounts over bumps anybody else having this issue?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,069 Posts
Welcome to the forums. You are referring to item # 7 shown here?:

If the spring is compressed and carrying the weight of the vehicle on it, I don't think that # 7 is the source of your 'clunk'.
I would look for play in other joints or bushings. The top spring seat doesn't bear vehicle weight, if you jounce the car you should not feel any clunk here.
The strut itself may have an internal issue and cause a clunk.
Sway bar links & bushings can cause a clunk. Does the clunk disappear when braking or turning?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Get yourself a set of this strut mount clamps in the pic form MFC Offroad and it may Be the answer u looking for the noise up front. I bought them thinking the same but my noise end up being the wrong brakes pads clips (hardware)

·
Registered
2015 Chrysler 200 S - SCALE coilovers - Whiteline endlinks - Spectre intake - Amerihood RAM hood
7 Posts
I ran into this issue after installing my coil overs. Both rings should sit relatively snug but you should be able to spin them, if you can't spin the ring the bushing may be bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts