Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 200 S AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2015 200s with the dual pane sunroof and I have been having two issues one the sunshade will not
close all the way unless I hole the button the entire time. I thought it had done this to me before and I found a way to reset it by holding the button for so long after it was closed but I can’t find that anywhere now.

issue 2 the plastic piece that divides the two halves of the sunroof and move when you open/close the sunroof keeps making a popping noise and seems like it’s getting caught when the sunroof is operating.

if anyone knows how to correct either of these issue please let me know. I don’t want to go to the dealership!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
914 Posts
Welcome to the forums, As the glass closes, the motor will sense any kind of load change that might indicate an obstruction. For safety, the glass will stop, if the friction of the glass linkage creates too much effort, it can also stop the glass. Clean & lube the glass slides with white lithium grease.
There are bulletins for sunroof creak, squeak and wind noise issues, None for a 'pop'. Can a helper operate the glass while you watch and see what is making the noise?

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 200 S AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what’s making the noise I’ll try to add a photo. It’s that black bar that is circled

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
914 Posts
Can you localize the specific area that makes the 'pop'? If you place your fingers on it, you may feel the pop (which is a movement).
Is something loose? If you push or pull on the glass or guide, can you get it not to pop?
Simply finding the problem spot may be 90% of the repair. That cross-piece is a sunroof drain channel (#4). Make sure that it is secured to the sunroof frame (#13). See attached:

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 200 S AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I have it in vent and then close it it was hitting that piece and making a noise. So I pushed that piece over and it stopped them it started doing it when I opened the sun roof all the way when opening and was fine closing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts