Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Darn sunroof shade somehow got tangled up and is now all bent up or crinkling up this morning when using. I'll have to check later to see why it did this.

Not asking if this happens to others or anything, just letting off steam.........

·
Registered
213 Posts
Darn sunroof shade somehow got tangled up and is now all bent up or crinkling up this morning when using. I'll have to check later to see why it did this.

Not asking if this happens to others or anything, just letting off steam.........
Well let me help you vent travman..... WELL THAT SUCKS!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
This happened to my 2015 200c. It wasn't covered under my warranty as it was not considered a mechanical issue. My mechanic quoted over $1,000 to fix as they need to drop the headliner. Did you have any luck fixing it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
This happened to me while I still had my bumper-to-bumper warranty (about 25,000 kms). But the dealer just opened and closed it and it was okay. Fortunately for me I took pictures and there was a service record for this (you'll see why in a minute). Flash forward to 75,000 Kms (or thereabouts) and the sunshade wrinkles again. I go to the dealer thinking this will be under warranty again because I paid for the 100,000 km / 5 year extended warranty. This is when I learned that the sunshade is classified as a "trim piece" and therefore not covered. The dealer wanted me to pay $3000 for a new shade and installation. A quick call to Chrysler explaining this had occurred before (during warranty) and there was no proper fix applied. So the repair was ultimately covered by Chrysler as the issue had first occurred during my warranty. I've read of a few people having these issues with the sunroof, so I'm hoping someone may find some help from reading about my experience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is this a common issue? Does anyone have any instructions on how to fix this if i were to do it myself? I am getting mine fixed by my mechanic, its in the shop now but I'm concerned it will be a reoccurring issue. I don't want to have to pay 1.5k every two years to fix it.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After a few times closing it and reopening it, it seemed to mostly work itself out. I've left it open most of the time since.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I need to make a correction. It was $2200 I was quoted. Just ran across my info again.

Between the sunroof, the failed brake booster, dealer damaged electrical connectors (from brake booster repair), and the intermittent failure of the safety tech, I traded the car for a Grand Cherokee.

This happened to me while I still had my bumper-to-bumper warranty (about 25,000 kms). But the dealer just opened and closed it and it was okay. Fortunately for me I took pictures and there was a service record for this (you'll see why in a minute). Flash forward to 75,000 Kms (or thereabouts) and the sunshade wrinkles again. I go to the dealer thinking this will be under warranty again because I paid for the 100,000 km / 5 year extended warranty. This is when I learned that the sunshade is classified as a "trim piece" and therefore not covered. The dealer wanted me to pay $3000 for a new shade and installation. A quick call to Chrysler explaining this had occurred before (during warranty) and there was no proper fix applied. So the repair was ultimately covered by Chrysler as the issue had first occurred during my warranty. I've read of a few people having these issues with the sunroof, so I'm hoping someone may find some help from reading about my experience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts