Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 200s, and all of the sudden my engine started running rough, the rpm shifts got higher and feels like there is no power. I have no codes, my misfire counter isn’t picking anything up on any cylinders. I haven’t ever serviced the trans and it has 76k on it. Any idea as to what I should be looking at? I just got gas the day before and this issues started while driving. It even suppters a little.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
356 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The late shifts may be entirely due to the lack of engine torque.
Not everything will set a fault code. The PCM can derate the engine torque if it senses something that might cause engine damage or safety issues.
A sputter isn't good. It might eventually set a misfire code. If you suspect bad fuel, contact the station where you filled up. If other customers have complained, they should be forthcoming about it.
Misfire can damage the catalytic converter(s). You don't want to run it like this for very long until you know what is happening.
You might want to get a fuel sample in a clear approved container for visual analysis. Spark plug tips may tell a story about combustion quality.

·
Registered
106 Posts
OEM spark plugs on these cars only last around 45~50k but there should be mis-fire codes if the plugs are failing...
You didn't mention if the car was a 4cyl or a V6... As 200_S_AWD said you could have bad gas or possibly a bad coil pack (fairly common on the 200 cars)... You might try some "dry gas" as it may absorb any water that is possibly in the gas... Was the gas E85? Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The late shifts may be entirely due to the lack of engine torque.
Not everything will set a fault code. The PCM can derate the engine torque if it senses something that might cause engine damage or safety issues.
A sputter isn't good. It might eventually set a misfire code. If you suspect bad fuel, contact the station where you filled up. If other customers have complained, they should be forthcoming about it.
Misfire can damage the catalytic converter(s). You don't want to run it like this for very long until you know what is happening.
You might want to get a fuel sample in a clear approved container for visual analysis. Spark plug tips may tell a story about combustion quality.
Or broken motor mount

1 - 4 of 4 Posts