Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2015 200S AWD which has the sport mode and paddle shifters. My question is: can I switch into sport mode while in gear and driving or is this something I have to do while stopped? Generally I find using Drive mode in city to be better but using sport mode on the HWY much better, so it would make sense if you can switch while getting on and off the HWY.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I thought that was the case. The salesman who sold me the car said you have to switch while the car is stopped, but this didn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
250 Posts
All Sport mode does is recalibrate the software in the car. On AWD units, switching into sport mode will engage the AWD system to a 60/40 rear bias, which may impact fuel economy... but it won't engage or disconnect the system in a way that could harm the car.

Not sure why the salesman told you that. There is no documentation that I am aware of that says that. Leave technical questions for the mechanics - and here.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, that's why I thought I would check with people who actually drive the car as opposed to someone who just sells them.
The 60/40 split most likely will consume more fuel as opposed to D which is only front wheel drive. But the feeling is totally different. I believe the Mercedes 4matic uses a 65/35 split under regular conditions. I noticed that the sport mode also turns off the stability control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
lightsout190
Chrysler 200 Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Chrysler 200 owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing