Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the forums, but I have had my 200 since June of 2014.

The 200 is my wifes car and I wanted to beef up the suspension. Is there any sway bars out there for the 200?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was going to ask a similar question...if Mopar Performance carries a sway bar kit?...or are the 200S/SuperS bars worth the upgrade?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I've thought about the rear bar, mainly to get it to rotate more than mine does with the stock bar.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The sway bars from the Avenger R/T are supposed to be the best. I've driven by friend's R/T and there was quite a difference. Only problem is you have to drop the front cradle to swap out the front sway bar.

I've read people have gotten much better performance by replacing the sway bar drop link. The OE link is supposedly not as stiff as an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd love to swap out the OE sway bars with something a bit more "fun". Doesn't seem to be in the cards however since there doesn't appear to be any aftermarket bars for the 200. Now I know there are a few models, like the Avenger that share the same platform as the 200's. So I'm wondering if anyone can tell me exactly what cars share the same platform when it comes to the sway bars.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
911 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The steering and suspension components for the JS-body Avenger R/T are probably the stiffest you can go.
It's more than just sway bars, it is bushings, springs, dampers, valving, fast-ratio steering, etc that work together as a 'system'.
There was a rumored Avenger SRT-6 (Stormtrooper) that would have been awesome. Dealer parts would be exorbitant (but there are some parts you would want new), look for a donor R/T in salvage.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I’ve heard of Dodge Journey rear bars fitting and have done a little research and found those share a number of suspension parts with the Avenger/200/Sebring. Wouldn’t be shocked in any of the bars for those things would fit and be an upgrade, more so for the V-6 Journeys since they had upgraded bars for those, especially the R/T and GT versions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah so far in my research it pretty much seems the Avenger is the best mate. I've also discovered that the 200 was released in Europe as the Lancia Flavia, so that may open up some avenues. Also the JS platform was purchased from Mitsubishi. So there is a good chance of there being some matching part sources there as well.
Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
56 Posts
bigjohnny - what year do you have? The suspensions were revised in 2013 taking lessons/settings from the Lancia Flavia. 2015 was an entirely new platform.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts