Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone knownwhere to find the part? The screw push pin deal that holds the hatch closed? I've been at my chrysler dealer where I bought the car. The body shop side of the dealer and a local O'Reillys looking for replacement with no luck. Anyone know what its called, have a link on Amazon or online parts place?

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,227 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What year? Can you post an image of where this push pin goes?

·
Administrator
2,227 Posts
The headlamp access door & that plastic push pin looks like aren't serviced separately. They are serviced as the whole splash shield assembly.
#10 #11 & #12 are just the push pins to hold the shield on.
I will look into this a bit further and get back to you.

Human body Jaw Gesture Slope Automotive exterior

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's what I was seeing too when I was at the parts desk at the service counter at the dealership where I bought my car. Super simple part, you would think it should be a extra replacement part. And thank you!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Make a visit to another body/collision shop and show them the screw retainer pin and where it goes. They may be better able to suggest a suitable replacement if they are not able to source the part.

·
Administrator
2,227 Posts
I Googled for images of 'plastic 1/4 turn fasteners'. There were a lot of choices & styles, but I didn't see a short, stubby one like what you need.
Actually, the 2nd one down may work if the 'ears' can be expanded (spread) to hold the panel in place?

Microphone Cylinder Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Carbon

Automotive tire Camera accessory Gadget Cameras & optics Camera lens

Cap Hat Audio equipment Blazer Circle

·
Registered
143 Posts
If the part isn't available new you might be able to find it by checking junkyards or used parts sellers. If any of them have the splash shield even if it's been damaged they might be willing to sell you just the fastener or the flap with fastener.

Reactions: 200_S_AWD

·
Administrator
2,227 Posts
The salvage yards make a lot of money on good crash parts (front fenders, bumper & hood, etc).
When tearing these parts off a good car, the plastic splash shields may get left behind. The shields are pretty resilient in a crash and usually don't need replacement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts