Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to dress up my tires for some time now and have been reluctant to use the Duplicolor Hot Tirez. Mainly because of the price, $10 each, and they do not come in blue. I recently came across a truck driver who has been using Elmers Acrylic paint markers on his big rig for a while. He came from the north and all the way to the south through weather and sand, etc and it looked pretty good and only needed very little touch up. So off to Walmart to start another project, 4 on going, and see what I can do.

Note: ***Hope you got a steady hand, I don't*** Looks ok though.

Make sure you clean your tires very well. I used a tough degreaser and then mineral spirits to properly get a good clean. Here are the results:

2013-07-08 19.58.09.jpg Paint Pen: Blue: $1.99

2013-07-08 18.46.46.jpg Looks pretty good. :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
720 Posts
that came out nice, mopar blueish :). I use the duplicolor tire coating with good results.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks really good. I like it. I love the Mopar center caps. I'm going to order them later this week. Was one paint pen enough to do all four wheels?

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the mopar center caps. They are on the mopar site and on ebay. There is a ebay link, it says its for the Dodge Dart but it will fit the 200 cause it has a 63mm opening. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Dodge-Dart-Set-of-Four-Mopar-Center-Caps-Feature-Mopar-logo-/251262703595?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a806c97eb&vxp=mtr
Oh ok, I have seen these. Thought you meant the Mopar10 caps for $60 each! Those should look nice.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah I haven't decided if I'm going to paint the center caps or do the tires like what you did cause I would want them to match my car color which is the Deep Cherry Red and I don't know if they sell a color that matches that and if it would even look good. I might even just paint the center caps black to stand out more. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I haven't decided if I'm going to paint the center caps or do the tires like what you did cause I would want them to match my car color which is the Deep Cherry Red and I don't know if they sell a color that matches that and if it would even look good. I might even just paint the center caps black to stand out more. What do you think?
Depends on which rims you have? If they are all black then no, leave silver. If you have the S wheels or the silver wheels then black would look good.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the S rims with the black and silver. I just think if they are painted black it would pop more and be more noticeable. I don't think the red would look good and not a lot colors would go with the Deep Cherry Red especially the mopar blue.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm going to use the paint pen in black cause I'm not going to paint the whole center cap, just the mopar logo. I don't have the skill or talent to mask off the mopar logo and use the spray paint can.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Reactions: Black Knight
1 - 15 of 15 Posts