Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So upon washing my car and spraying my car with high pressure my tires are all saying low pressure and LCD is blinking - however they are all completely fine.. any ideas on how to fix this?

·
Super Moderator
1,884 Posts

So upon washing my car and spraying my car with high pressure my tires are all saying low pressure and LCD is blinking - however they are all completely fine.. any ideas on how to fix this?
Some tire shops have a calibration tool for TPM sensors. Maybe they need to be reset ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S
183 Posts
After setting pressures, the car needs to be driven over 15 mph for 15-20 minutes for the sensors to update to the actual pressure readings.
It won't update sitting in the driveway.

·
Registered
272 Posts
1) Those pressures are too high. You are riding on the center tread only, which is unsafe, as it reduces contact area. 35 to 37 psi should be the highest.
2) If all 4 readings were corrupted, maybe the tire sensors need new batteries; or something got wet. Give them time to dry out.
3) My tire sensors always update from sitting, although it may take up to 5 minutes. Have never needed to drive the car do to so, although they will update faster by doing that.

·
Super Moderator
2,513 Posts
3) My tire sensors always update from sitting, although it may take up to 5 minutes. Have never needed to drive the car do to so, although they will update faster by doing that.
See this thread for details from Chrysler: 2011 TPMS issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts