Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright fellas this is the situation. Right now my local dealer has a 2015 200 s FWD fully loaded about 40k miles, v6, and one owner for 14k. And they have a 2016 200 s FWD fully loaded with about 30k miles,but with the 4 cylinder and 2 owners, also for 14k. Which one should I go for? Are those prices even good? I'm worried about the negative feedback I hear about the transmission problems.. but Both cars seem to be in good condition , oh and I have yet to test drive either just yet that's happening tomorrow. Any feedback would be much appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I hate to say it but I dont care I would get the v6 2015 one. The v4 tends to have way more problems. Get the v6 especially if you tend to keep it for awhile. 40k miles with one owner to me sounds pretty good than the 2 owners with 14k miles. You dont just trade or get rid of something good easily. What do you think?

Alright fellas this is the situation. Right now my local dealer has a 2015 200 s FWD fully loaded about 40k miles, v6, and one owner for 14k. And they have a 2016 200 s FWD fully loaded with about 30k miles,but with the 4 cylinder and 2 owners, also for 14k. Which one should I go for? Are those prices even good? I'm worried about the negative feedback I hear about the transmission problems.. but Both cars seem to be in good condition , oh and I have yet to test drive either just yet that's happening tomorrow. Any feedback would be much appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Yep, the 2015 with the V6. It was the earlier built 2015 models that had most of the problems. You can check out the build date on the drivers door pillar. Mine was built Mar 2015 and the only 'minor' problem I've had was with the radio module which was replaced under warranty. Oh and the battery was replaced under warranty when it was just under three years old. The V6 is one heck of a performance engine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd be concerned about a car with 30k miles and two owners. However, either way you go - test drive the car for 24 hours before coming to a decision. Some of the tendencies of this transmission don't rear their ugly head until everything is at full operating temperature. If everything works, shifts and idles fine from cold and dark to warm and driven, you likely won't be hanging out in the dealership waiting room. If the dealership won't let you test drive the car overnight, find a new dealership.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ill add my opinion. Slightly biased tho because i own a 15 v6 and i sell cars.

However a 15 with 1 owner at 40k is a pretty normal trade in, bumper to bumper is gone and probably offered to trade up to something else and be fully covered again.

A 16 with only 14k and has had 2 owners already kinda seems like something is wrong with the car, any idea on how long each owner had the car you can usually tell from the carfax.

As far as pricing goes most banks and cu go by the NADA retail value if you have good credit. Some banks go by clean trade in to determine if they loan money.

Go check nada and select the correct options for each car and see what the values are and work from there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
3.6! The dealer will do any missed recalls or pcm/ecu updates n/c. The trans has some quirks but is strong and reliable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2016 200s and would never personally buy another Chrysler 200 in any year (probably would never buy another Chrysler product) but that is because we were sold one with an engine defect. But mine is a 4 cylinder and it has lots of power and gets good gas mileage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Consumer Reports showing major transmission problems with the 2015s and no transmission problems with the 2016's. The 2015 was also showing problems with power equipment and the 2016 was not. The Car Fax should tell the maintenance history. If the 2016 isn't showing maintenance issues I would go for that, plus it has more warranty left.

·
Super Moderator
2,441 Posts
plus it has more warranty left.
That's not exactly accurate since they don't have the same warranty.

The 2016 has a 5 year 60K mile powertrain warranty, the 2015 has a 5 year 100K mile powertrain warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts