Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I own a 2011 Chrysler 200 Limited retractable hardtop/convertible, which we adore. We also own a motorhome, and would like very much to be able to take the 200 with us on our journeys with the motorhome. I believe this can best be accomplished using a tow dolly behind our motorhome. The 200 cannot be flat towed without adding an auxiliary transmission pump (which I am loath to do). The problem is finding/purchasing a tow dolly that can accommodate the 200. I had previously bought a used Demco Kar Kaddy tow dolly. Although the Kar Kaddy was an excellent tow dolly, the 200 was too low in in the front to allow loading (and especially unloading) because the 200 sits so low in the front and its front "overhang" is also a potential problem. My question is: does anyone have any experience using a tow dolly to haul a 200 convertible hardtop? It would be helpful to know all about the make, model and year of the tow dolly and your experience with it, if any. I would certainly appreciate any and all advice from the forum. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,323 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I've seen a couple of videos of building a small ramp leading up to the dolly using planks of wood. The owners manual probably has nothing about this. See the U-Haul and YouTube videos:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forums. I've seen a couple of videos of building a small ramp leading up to the dolly using planks of wood. The owners manual probably has nothing about this. See the U-Haul and YouTube videos:
ut
fact led me to
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have seen the U-Haul videos. That in fact led me to try using lumber to load the 200 onto the Kar Kaddy.It worked, but that process might be okay if I were only occasionally using the tow dolly. it would be an impossible situation if I had to haul/use lumber each and every time I had to load/unload the 200.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts