Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning,

I have a 2015 Chrysler 200S 3.6 with 118k. I had the car since new but never changed the trans fluid. I noticed the transmission slips hard into random gears. Pretty much always did that but Chrysler always told me there's nothing they can do. Should I change the fluid? flush it?

Thank you

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,653 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is no scheduled maintenance interval for normal use, but the fluid may be changed for peace of mind.
The ZF Lifeguard 8/9 is a synthetic & pretty durable. A drain & fill should be good. The filter is only serviced if the transaxle comes out. A dipstick can be fabricated if needed, but if the outside of the case is dry, adding back the amount that came out should be good.
Slipping & harsh shifts don't do the transaxle any favors.

The latest & greatest software should be installed, if it hasn't already. A Quicklearn & PROXI should be done to complete the service.
The dealer should be able to do this under the 'minimum charge/diagnostic fee' of 1 hr. No parts are needed. Dealer policy & procedures may vary between dealers, but go to one you trust.
Rectangle Font Circle Parallel Number

Font Number Screenshot Document

Font Number Screenshot Parallel Document

Font Document Screenshot Publication Number

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. There is no scheduled maintenance interval for normal use, but the fluid may be changed for peace of mind.
The ZF Lifeguard 8/9 is a synthetic & pretty durable. A drain & fill should be good. The filter is only serviced if the transaxle comes out. A dipstick can be fabricated if needed, but if the outside of the case is dry, adding back the amount that came out should be good.
Slipping & harsh shifts don't do the transaxle any favors.

The latest & greatest software should be installed, if it hasn't already. A Quicklearn & PROXI should be done to complete the service.
The dealer should be able to do this under the 'minimum charge/diagnostic fee' of 1 hr. No parts are needed. Dealer policy & procedures may vary between dealers, but go to one you trust.
View attachment 60498
View attachment 60499
View attachment 60501

View attachment 60500

Thank you for the thorough info! Do you know when the update for TCM came out?

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,653 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good Morning,

I have a 2015 Chrysler 200S 3.6 with 118k. I had the car since new but never changed the trans fluid. I noticed the transmission slips hard into random gears. Pretty much always did that but Chrysler always told me there's nothing they can do. Should I change the fluid? flush it?

Thank you
Dealers, in my experience, don’t really care of you change your fluid. It’s not in their financial interest for you to keep your car going over 100k miles.

Here’s my video for replacing the trans fluid on a 2.4L 200C. I think the trans is the same and the procedures should be very similar.

2015 Chrysler 200C 2.4L (and similar) 9 Speed Transmission Fluid Change - 948TE / ZF9HP48 -

1 - 5 of 5 Posts