Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 200 touring 2012 2.4L 6speed transmission. I'm a little bit confused regarding the transmission oil capacity. How much should it take if its a pan drop / filter change. In addition, how often should we change the oil and filter and finally whats the easiest way to have a trans fluid level check. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 200 touring 2012 2.4L 6speed transmission. I'm a little bit confused regarding the transmission oil capacity. How much should it take if its a pan drop / filter change. In addition, how often should we change the oil and filter and finally whats the easiest way to have a trans fluid level check. Thanks
I used for this time shneider dextron atf 3 instead od mopar atf+4. Is it ok?

·
Super Moderator
2,040 Posts
I used for this time shneider dextron atf 3 instead od mopar atf+4. Is it ok?
Here is some information you may find helpful.
Note ... the Dextron 3 is NOT acceptable to use.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for your kind reply. so what should i do now? have another fluid change using atf +4 it costs around 100 usd here in lebanon :(

·
Super Moderator
2,040 Posts
thank you for your kind reply. so what should i do now? have another fluid change using atf +4 it costs around 100 usd here in lebanon :(
If you intent to keep the vehicle for a while, I would change out the fluid to the correct type.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you don't use the ATF+4 you will get torque converter shudder. You could probably suck it out of the dip stick hole and save some money. It is important that you follow the manufacturer's instruction for filling the transmission to the correct level at the correct temperature.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you introduced any fluid other than what is recommended for the transmission, then you should go to a dealership or other service center to have a complete replacement of the transmission fluid.

If you want to do a pan-drop and filter change, replacing the fluid with the factory-recommended fluid, here are the temperature vs levels:

The factory service manual states that you should use the onboard computer to take a measurement of the transmission fluid temperature.

If your scan tool does not display the transmission fluid temperature... I use a submersible thermocouple to take the temperature measurement. I also use an Assenmacher tool to measure the depth of the fluid. The Mopar tool and the Assenmacher tool are both outrageously expensive. If you can go to a junk yard and obtain a transmission dipstick... you can make marks on the dipstick in 5 and 10 millimeter increments... and you will have an equivalent tool to the official Mopar tool and the Assenmacher tool.

·
Registered
81 Posts
From my experience, dropping the pan and replacing the filter takes approximately 4.5 quarts of fluid. This is for the 62TE transmission.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts