Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I purchased a chrysler sebring 2009 model. Im having transmission problems. When i come to a standstill is takes the lower gear too harsh and the vehicle jerks badly to a stop. It also refuses now to pull uphill .like no engine power. Plz can someone tell me what to do.

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S
172 Posts
Diagnose first. Any history of maintenance or repair?
You might want to start with a fresh filter and ATF+4 change. See what might be at the bottom of the pan or stuck to the magnet.
There is a Chrysler TSB # 21-003-09 that addresses harsh and erratic shifting for the V6 JS-body. Complete any service with a Quicklearn, then road test.

·
Super Moderator
2,511 Posts
Hi. I purchased a chrysler sebring 2009 model. Im having transmission problems. When i come to a standstill is takes the lower gear too harsh and the vehicle jerks badly to a stop. It also refuses now to pull uphill .like no engine power. Plz can someone tell me what to do.
The Sebring and the 200 are almost the same car, however there are differences including engines and transmissions even the same ones from different years - Sebring ended in 2010, and as much as you are welcome to post here, you would be better looking on a Chrysler Sebring or other forum (if you want to search on a forum) for answers. There are people on here with mechanical experience and mechanics (I am not one) but this forum is for the Chrysler 200.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts