Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased the car in September and within a couple months the interior trunk light went out. I replaced the light and it still doesn't work. Wires are connected and the rest of the interior lights are all working fine. I can't seem to figure out why it's not working. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
300 Posts
Are you to far from the dealer to have done under warranty or do you just like doing yourself ? Dorothy
Im the same way, if it seems simple, I hate to drive all the way to the dealer. However if its not the bulb, it could be the switch or something else further down, I think this warrants a dealer trip. Or if its tolerable, mention at next service.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there not a fuse I'm missing somewhere for specifically the trunk light? I checked the panel under the hood but I didn't look hard for any others.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
On a new car, I'd default to the warranty for any problem that isn't right for conventional use, even if it's what would normally be a "consumable" item. I even do that when it comes to radio control stuff at the store I work at.

·
Registered
834 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,069 Posts
  • Trunk Lamp - Four-door models have a standard equipment incandescent trunk lamp that is located in one side of the luggage compartment near the deck lid opening and is controlled by the courtesy lamp circuit and illuminates whenever the deck lid is opened.
The switch may be inside the lamp holder. It is a mercury switch that works on tilt/gravity. Do the interior courtesy lamps work OK otherwise? Check for 12v+ and a good ground. See 'cargo lamp driver' in attached.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,069 Posts
Welcome to the forums. There is no separate fuse for the trunk light. Is power getting to the bulb socket?
What year is your 200?

·
Super Moderator
1,069 Posts
Do you have 12 volts at the Or/LGn wire at the lamp?
Has it got a good ground?
Lamp power comes from the instrument cluster. The cluster is its own module called the CCN (cabin compartment node), it takes care of many functions that were previously handled by the BCM (body control module).
See the schematic in post # 11.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts