Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just bought this car and so far I like it quite a bit. It has the 3.6 liter Pentastar, and is AWD. I have been doing A LOT of research on this car and found someone that is not going to do anything for these cars any more due to lack of interest. I am not looking to making gobs an HP. I am not going to track it, I have an SRT 4 built for road racing, so if I need a fix, I have that. I was just interested in getting just a little more torque out of it and getting rid of speed gov.

I did find out that I would have to take my ECU off, so it can get flashed. But this info was from late 2015. Has that changed to where I do not have to send my ECU into anyone?

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S
172 Posts
Welcome to the forums. There are discussions on here about an intake manifold upgrade and CAI.
It isn't the the whole Pentastar upgrade package (heads, valvetrain and their supporting electronics, etc).

If you are still under the 8/80 extended federal emissions warranty, I would start with the latest and greatest PCM/TCM software update from the dealer. Depending on what services the car had with the previous owner and its build date, these may or may not apply.

The updates will produce a smoother shifting and enhanced driving experience. Although not specifically addressed, I feel that the car runs stronger:
Have the dealer verify the TCM PROXI configuration alignment and then perform a Quicklearn. I was getting a hard 4-5 upshift at times that is now gone.

There are updates for the PTU:

Update the radio:

Update the cluster:

Update the ESM (shifter):

Update the HVAC:

The non-PCM/TCM software updates may not be covered under the 8/80, but request them while the tool is plugged into the car anyways.

·
Registered
369 Posts

Check this thread I started when I tuned mine. All the info is there.You will need a speed shop that has the HP tuners software or simliliar or buy it and do it yourself. I bought a junkyard PCM and sent it too HP tuners too be unlocked and re-flashed with the copied info from my original PCM. Once unlocked you have access to PCM adjustments.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The results

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ok, I just bought this car and so far I like it quite a bit. It has the 3.6 liter Pentastar, and is AWD. I have been doing A LOT of research on this car and found someone that is not going to do anything for these cars any more due to lack of interest. I am not looking to making gobs an HP. I am not going to track it, I have an SRT 4 built for road racing, so if I need a fix, I have that. I was just interested in getting just a little more torque out of it and getting rid of speed gov.

I did find out that I would have to take my ECU off, so it can get flashed. But this info was from late 2015. Has that changed to where I do not have to send my ECU into anyone?
You can also join Pentastar V6 Performance on Facebook . Lots of tuned V6s there. Including myself 😁

1 - 5 of 5 Posts