Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My right turn signal light continues to flash even if I try to move the turn signal arm to the left side. I have turned the car off several times and yet the problem persists. I thought perhaps the fuse might have gone bad, howener, there aqppears to be no makred fuse specifically for the turn signals. In the manual it shows (Cavitys) but nothing is munbered in the box inside the engine compartment.

Any suggestions??

·
Registered
296 Posts
My right turn signal light continues to flash even if I try to move the turn signal arm to the left side. I have turned the car off several times and yet the problem persists. I thought perhaps the fuse might have gone bad, howener, there aqppears to be no makred fuse specifically for the turn signals. In the manual it shows (Cavitys) but nothing is munbered in the box inside the engine compartment.

Any suggestions??
Doesn't sound like a bad fuse... if it was the signal wouldnt work at all. Sounds like a bad multi function switch. Covered under warranty.... bring to dealer

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Doesn't sound like a bad fuse... if it was the signal wouldnt work at all. Sounds like a bad multi function switch. Covered under warranty.... bring to dealer

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
But to the initial question. Is there a fuse specifically controlling the turn signal light?
I will add this question. Is there a fuse controlling the day time running light?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
977 Posts
Welcome to the forums. What year?
Are both the turn signals and DRL out?
Do the 4-way (hazard) flashers and all Parking lamps work?

·
Registered
2 Posts
2015 Chrysler 200 limited 2.4.
4-way (hazard) flashers and all Parking lamps work. Also, all four turn signals work, if lights are off.
It is when the headlight are turned on, either automatically or manually that only the front turn signal remains stuck on and the dashboard illuminates.
For clarity, that same front right side headlight had to be previously replaced (because it had cracked). The current replacement did not come with LED eyebrow DRL functionality.
I am just wondering if that might also contributes to the turn signal being stuck on, if the voltage that needs to the LED is fed into the Turn Signal? The other one (front left headlight casing) has this LED functionality light.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
977 Posts
I think that you will find a missing or poor ground in the front lighting circuit. The headlamp is using the turn signal bulb as a path to ground and lighting it. It is also feeding back into the cluster as a path to ground.
It could be an open in the h/lamp bulb itself, a defective h/lamp socket, broken ground wire or the ground terminal isn't attached to the car body. It would be a BK wire from the h/lamp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts