Chrysler 200 Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Chrylser 200 Limited
20 Posts
They didn't specify if they had the parts for it or not, but I suspect they wouldn't have scheduled an appointment unless they had the parts in stock, or were sure they would be here by then.

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,653 Posts
I know that FCA was fined some time ago for not completing recalls in a timely manner.
They did make noticeable improvements to their handling of open recalls after this ruling.

It is yet to be seen how quickly they can put this recall U90 behind them. Ramping up supply of this very expensive (precious metals) and complex part will take time. The supply chain is still delaying access & logistics. Dealers will probably have to order each one discretely(?). Attempts have been made to fix this by modifying the PCM software, but the 'fix' has necessitated new hardware, the mani-verter.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Interesting. It’s been a week now and still haven’t heard from them. Hopefully sometime next week. It’s not really an important urgent recall like the W84 recall was to me but I’d still like to get it done.

·
Administrator
2,653 Posts
Anything concerning the EPA, NHTSA & the possible violation of emission laws is urgent.

·
Administrator
2,653 Posts
While we are on the topic of recalls & the corporation's desire to complete ALL open recalls, this was posted here as a reminder to check your VIN# for recalls.
If Chrysler doesn't know that you own the car or you have moved without updating your postal information, you may not be getting this very important information:

Reactions: fltru103

·
Registered
2016 Chrylser 200 Limited
20 Posts
I just picked up my car after the dealer took care of the U90 as well as the W84 recall that hadn't been addressed before I purchased the vehicle. Driving it home I didn't notice any difference at all.

·
Administrator
2,653 Posts
It may be that the warranty office hasn't submitted the paperwork yet?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts