Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd really like to have Carplay in my 2015 200, especially now with Waze being supported. I read the recent threads about using aftermarket head units with the Maestro RR and while that is a possibility I'm not sure I want to go that route since it would involve a few annoyances I'd rather not deal with if I don't have to. Mainly having to install a second mic, second USB, and having to install a separate speaker for the Safetytec warning chimes and no longer having them come from the side where the warning is, plus losing the ability to remote start the car from my phone (very useful around here in the winter).

That got me wondering about the possibility of installing a UConnect 4 head unit in the car such as the UAS/UAQ or the head unit from the Pacifica. It looks like there are ways to upgrade older models for cars that are still made such as the 300 but I have found no information on whether this would work in the 200. My guess is it wouldn't since the car is discontinued (stupid FCA...ugh) but does anyone have any idea if this could work? I know the media hub would likely have to be replaced but if that is the only obstacle I'm thinking one from a different car could be made to work. Like I said I'm guessing this can't be done and aftermarket is the only way but I thought I'd ask in case someone has any information. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know they won't. There's another thread on the board where someone actually tried getting one of the new Uconnect head units to work and had no luck. Without some serious hacking or FCA deciding to release an upgrade kit of some kind aftermarket is looking like the only way to get Carplay or Android Auto.

I've been thinking about getting one of the newer wireless Carplay head units and installing it using the Idatalink Maestro. It's not a perfect integration but it looks like most of the OEM functions are retained.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As far as I know they won't. There's another thread on the board where someone actually tried getting one of the new Uconnect head units to work and had no luck. Without some serious hacking or FCA deciding to release an upgrade kit of some kind aftermarket is looking like the only way to get Carplay or Android Auto.

I've been thinking about getting one of the newer wireless Carplay head units and installing it using the Idatalink Maestro. It's not a perfect integration but it looks like most of the OEM functions are retained.
I have been considering that, however, the compatible radios seem to look dated. I was hoping to get one of the better looking Sony radios installed like the xav5000 but apparently they’re not compatible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a pioneer avic 8400 nex, idatalink maestro rr2, the nav2 cable 200k install kit, supposedly this will not only keep all functionality but add a couple, should have all the parts in a couple weeks then I'll install it and post the results

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought a pioneer avic 8400 nex, idatalink maestro rr2, the nav2 cable 200k install kit, supposedly this will not only keep all functionality but add a couple, should have all the parts in a couple weeks then I'll install it and post the results
I just looked it up and it looks like the radio is pretty good. I already have the maestro bezel and cables. I’m gonna give it a try as well. Hopefully it don’t need a proxy alignment because they charge an arm and a leg to that at the dealership

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just looked it up and it looks like the radio is pretty good. I already have the maestro bezel and cables. I’m gonna give it a try as well. Hopefully it don’t need a proxy alignment because they charge an arm and a leg to that at the dealership
Doesn’t *

·
Registered
6 Posts
  1. I just looked it up and it looks like the radio is pretty good. I already have the maestro bezel and cables. I’m gonna give it a try as well. Hopefully it don’t need a proxy alignment because they charge an arm and a leg to that at the dealership
    you might want to wait a bit, pioneer just released a modular dmh c5500 nex which seems identical but is a single din, so far everything says it wont fit but it's got an 8 inch screen and is so new it doesn't even have any info on the idatalink site, same price as well

·
Registered
7 Posts
what's a proxy alignment?
When you change most electrical components in a Chrysler, they have to be aligned to the main computer in the car. This can only be done in the dealer ship. If you don’t do an alignment, you’ll usually get a flashing odometer with some other issues. Some dealers charge up to a 150 to do proxy alignments

·
Registered
6 Posts
When you change most electrical components in a Chrysler, they have to be aligned to the main computer in the car. This can only be done in the dealer ship. If you don’t do an alignment, you’ll usually get a flashing odometer with some other issues. Some dealers charge up to a 150 to do proxy alignments
so it's not necessary for this change?

·
Registered
7 Posts
so it's not necessary for this change?
Well I’m not sure but I had to do it when I upgraded to an 8 inch factory radio. I also had to do it when I got new led headlights as well as when I swapped the center gear knob for a newer one. So it’s required for pretty much everything

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S
183 Posts
The BCM (body control module) acts as a Gateway for the other modules. Whenever new modules are introduced to the CAN bus network, a scan tool is used to verify and to confirm that module's presence to the BCM.
The flashing odometer may or may not be present, but would indicate a mismatch or loss of communication somewhere on the network. Likely it would be related to whatever was just changed or done?
PROXI should be checked whenever updating software or replacing a module.
The PROXI may state 'configured' on the scan tool and not necessarily be 'missing', but I had a tech 'deconfigure' then 'reconfigure' the TCM (transaxle software update) PROXI. Then perform a Quicklearn and all was well again. It has shifted smooth as butter ever since:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts