Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps got a good deal on a 8.4an HU from a wrecked 200s. Should have it in soon and will be attempting an install to see what does and does not work. I am very eager to see how this goes.

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
To me, it won't work. UConnect 5 and 8.5 don't use the same modules. I would be very surprised if it works.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have read and heard the same. But I have also read from the ram forums some have been successfully upgrading from the 5.0 to the 8.4 with no issues or just needing to install the shark fin antenna. From what I can tell from pictures connections are identical But for the price I just could not help but to expirement. I will update as soon as screen arrives.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think it will work, you may need to change out the radio unit itself. I know a bunch of charger owners were changing theirs out. The toughest part was that it asked for a security code. They had to go to the dealership to get the code for their vehicle (needed the VIN from the originating car of the radio / screen) and it worked great.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it will work, you may need to change out the radio unit itself. I know a bunch of charger owners were changing theirs out. The toughest part was that it asked for a security code. They had to go to the dealership to get the code for their vehicle (needed the VIN from the originating car of the radio / screen) and it worked great.
I am crossing my fingers... :cool: If it does work its a win. Then I will purchase the 8.4 bezel. Waiting on buddy to get back so I can hopefully get better price than what the dealer wanted to charge me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok folks I was just dropped off the screen. I am sorry to say that it arrived damaged and will be having another one sent out to me. UPS will foot the bill since it was damaged during shipping. I was able to connect it up and so far it works just need the anti theft code. Back up comes on when reversing and it shows temp outside. it also shows fan speed and temp adjustments. will post up pics after work tonight. Some time after 12am central time

·
Registered
76 Posts
When you get a replacement supposedly dealers can enter the code in for you for like $100 or so from people with older uConnects that upgraded to 8.4

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When you get a replacement supposedly dealers can enter the code in for you for like $100 or so from people with older uConnects that upgraded to 8.4

I have already got everything lined up with the dealer. Once replacement gets in I will be having them enter code and have BCM updated and proxy configuration alignment done. My buddy hooked me up for $80. From what I understand those two things are looking for the old 5.o screen which is no longer there causing the mileage to flash. I have already purchased the piggy tail that will stop the 911 problem coming up on the screen. Will keep updating as soon as screen comes back in again in. UPS picks it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
any update to this? i see your in San Antonio if i may ask where did you find a wrecked 200? I'm trying to do this exact thing. replace my 5.4 with a 8.4.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
any update to this? i see your in San Antonio if i may ask where did you find a wrecked 200? I'm trying to do this exact thing. replace my 5.4 with a 8.4.
Still waiting on UPS. they are taking there sweet time. The wrecked 200 was at a junk yard my cousin owns in the valley. I was going to take the gauge cluster to it with the 7 inch tft screen. but one of his employees messed it when removing it. As soon as the screen gets in all fixed up i will post an update.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Still waiting on UPS. they are taking there sweet time. The wrecked 200 was at a junk yard my cousin owns in the valley. I was going to take the gauge cluster to it with the 7 inch tft screen. but one of his employees messed it when removing it. As soon as the screen gets in all fixed up i will post an update.
nice! well if you hear that he gets another 200 with the 8.4 let me know. that sucks about the 7 inch screen.. did you get the vent cover too?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nice! well if you hear that he gets another 200 with the 8.4 let me know. that sucks about the 7 inch screen.. did you get the vent cover too?
Some one else got the radio bezel before i could but have secured one from a buddy of mine for a very good price. Dealers price is outrages

·
Registered
174 Posts
The $1000 price tag is steep. I am not sure if I will drop that kind of cash right now. I am hoping someone figures out how to get an aftermarket head-unit to work with the needed car functions.

I'll to hold out a year :)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts